Brewmaster is rated S tier by youtubers. But why?

So people on youtube keep rating the tanks like so (This isn’t even my opinion. This is The Youtubers. Blame The Youtubers if you don’t like their rankings.):

S-tier: Brewmaster and Blood DK.

C-tier: Whatever other things that aren’t mentioned elsewhere.

F- -tier: Warrior and Guardian druid

But why is brewmaster so high? In the same breath as they compliment and say brewmaster is S-tier they also say that it is the most needy, heal dependent tank in the entire game.

How on Earth does this make them good?

“They don’t get 1 shot.” OK so that means all of the other tanks are getting 1 shot constantly and are unviable then?

Sure they don’t get 1 shot but if your healer is still spamming skills to keep them up then who cares-- that’s a needy desperate strategy that reminds me of my ex boyfriend.

I don’t need that clinginess in my life mmmhm.

Girl I need a man who is self motivated and can sustain HIMSELF.

But for real why brewmaster being rated at the same level as the GLORIOUS self sustaining MASTERS of blood DKs?

Blood DKs don’t even need a healer. Meanwhile brewmaster over here begging for heals from the healer and the DPS specs lol…

4 Likes

Meanwhile in the Halls of Method Gaming. . .

I’m sorry, I don’t follow “teirs” in an mmorpg.

5 Likes

I am genuinely triggered seeing that name. Please do not bring them into this.

I want to talk brewmasters and tanks. Not whatever that is anymore.

Why do brewmasters get S tier ranks when they are also needing so many heals?

1 Like

They smooth over damage better than any other tank, and are the least spiky.

If I were a healer I wouldn’t wanna be chill while our tank is at 90%, then freak out seeing him drop to 20% in one hit. That sounds like anxiety galore.

8 Likes

How can someone with your character name be offended? Did Method do something bad like Swifty?

2 Likes

at the bleeding edge of progression when you’re undergeared, yes, that’s a possibility.

2 Likes

If your talking BFA its mostly cause AZ gear talents make them stupid resilient esp with the tank neck talents tier 3+. Also if you start stacking vers min max you become impossible to kill.
SL no idea why I prefer paly over any other but I play them all.

instead of taking giant hits the damage is transfered over time meaning its easier for healers to heal them…

3 Likes

I think Stagger is pretty good or something.

I haven’t seen a single tier list that said any tank was below C rating - and most of the reputable sources have the majority of tanks sitting in the A or B category.

The last tier list I saw on bear had them sitting on bottom with warrior @C, and that was before the thrash legendary + moonfire buff; warriors have received several mitigation buffs since then as well. While monk have been nerfed a few times.

But is it actually easier though?

People say that’s easier but I am genuinely at a loss because that damage is still incoming fully. Which places more stress on a healer.

Like everything I’ve seen makes it seem like a healer needs to do 3x the healing on a brewmaster and gets overwhelmed vs. a blood DK that literally doesn’t even neede the healer there.

Yeah monk idk anymore why it’s good

re read what stagger says shrugs off a portion of damage based on agi on top of that they can clear their stagger with cd’s

Its more than the stagger theres a az talent that makes the brew dodge buff insane.

Yeah, stagger takes a significant portion of damage and reapplies it over 10 seconds.

But the issue here is that damage still is coming in – just delayed over a period of time. But it’s not like blood DK that can just heal it off bam clean then and there and done.

Sadly I am just focused on shadowlands to pick a main tank rn honestly :frowning:

cant heal it off when your dead from being clocked for not having an external cd up for DR

3 Likes

I agree 100% with you.

But in reality isn’t that super rare? I haven’t done much tanking myself-- but surely most tanks don’t have the 1 shot problem right?

The only tier I follow is for fate grand order. And tamamo better stay in the S tier >.>

Stagger is strong.

Brewmaster is amazing but… very simple.

As a healer, they are very easy to heal in comparison to other tanks who can take large spikes.

Stagger really is what’s S tier.

2 Likes