Brackenhide Hollow Tyrannical

Brackenhide Hollow first encounter (Gashtooth specifically) needs to be nerfed really hard. It is way overtuned on Tyrannical in anything 14+. It is do-able with EXTREMELY coordinated groups but it is completely imbalanced with all other bosses on Tyrannical this week. Bleed damage and boss damage needs to be hit by 50% or more nerf.

6 Likes

Is there anything in particular you seem to have trouble with? There is a lot going on in the fight, and I think if everyone had an understanding of what’s happening and how to counter each mechanic it goes a long way. I’d be more then happy to help!

I hate Gash Frenzy on Tyrannical high keys. Nothing else in there is hard to heal but Gash Frenzy is awful.

I’d agree. Bosses feel fine right now except Gashtooth and Wratheyes totem (still)

Nerf Gasheye’s damage by about 20-40 percent and add 1-2 seconds on Wratheyes totem cast and it would really help this dungeon.

1 Like

Interesting thing of note here is that Blizzard is apparently putting more onus on individual DPS to live this season compared to prior ones (I barely played last season in PvE).

DPS that use defensives at the right time and help keep themselves alive >>>>> ones that button mash parses. But yeah, this fight can get out of hand quick if everyone treats it like another “healer job”.

2 Likes

That’s really it. Heal yourself. It’s a mortal wound, so just need to get back to 90% somehow. Pre-def makes it huge for healer too. At least it’s one and done. The unavoidable overlap on Talondrus in Uldaman seems way, way worse to me. 250k tabled tick +350k stomp can hit in the same second. At least gash falls off.

But yeah, the timers this season are all pretty free, the actual challenge is doing the mechanics and surviving. Which, iirc, what everyone wanted, right? “Timers are toxic #meme”. Well, now timers are basically free. Everyone can do tank damage and still time as long as no one dies.

Be a live lord.

1 Like

The issue with gash frenzy at low keys is that it happens so soon into the fight that nobody is prepared for it. If the healer and DPS know what is going on, they know to be prepared to be using CDs straight away, rather than going mongo DPS because someone just cast bloodlust.

does anyone need to be buffed? or just nerfs?

1 Like

Actually had a fail where on the first boss where the charge decayed senses and totem came out we dealt with it properly and while hackclaw was about 3/4 through the cast on the charge I got hit with decayed senses again dps couldnt kill the totem cuz hackclaw was almost done casting I got one shot by the charge then we wiped and key was bricked first boss is bullhell

Not really. There’s only a few things that really need attention.

1. Interrupt the heal
  2. Kill the totem so the healer can dispel the tank
  3. Heal the bleed past 90%
1 Like

So while you’re turned into a snail by the totem as a healer you can still get hit by volcanic. I got hit by 2 of them and one was immediately after the totem was broken so I had 0 time to prepare for Gash Frenzy.

1 Like

The bleed felt fine but the when Gashtooth fixates it kills.

Burst heal individuals too get the bleed off of them. Providing healing too every isnt the best way to deal with it.

I think the gash thing comes too quickly after the CC…as resto druid, my hots all fall off and then that’s when it gets scary…

but as long as you survive that, it’s ez gg
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

It is heavily reliant on someone who has an instant big heal or one that crits or has a DR already in action to delay the damage long enough for the healer to heal it back up

1 Like

One of the surest ways to fail this encounter is to not kick Earth Bolt during Bloodfrenzy.

Gashtooth will go right intoBloodfrenzy, BUT Tricktotem will cast Earth Bolt on someone and it WILL combo them, no ifs and or buts. The fixate will happen right after and that person will die because panic has already set in and everything will crumble.

From my experience the healer needs to set up their first CD from the first global, or before if you can pre-hot. You immediately need to commit a big CD to keep everyone above 90% during the Bloodfrenzy and be prepared to save someone or yourself from the fixate that happens immediately after. If everyone is topped, a personal CD should keep them alive long enough to be healed up.

It’s imperative that you rotate kicks on Earthbolts during Bloodrenzy while saving one for the heal.

The Bloodfrenzy will happen at least 2 or 3 times depending on your dps so everyone needs to have a plan for how to distribute their defensives and CDs to survive. Once Gashtooth is dead the fight is effectively over.

1 Like

One thing worth mentioning is the less damage people take from the gash, the less damage subsequent gashes in the same set will do because all the bosses do damage based on the group’s collective missing HP.

If someone walls + pots the first gash in the set, the second and 3rd do a LOT less damage and are way easier to heal back up.

5 Likes

is the order in a set complete rng or does it have a pattern?
i feel like i should know this but my eyes are ultra glued to the health bars during lol

I’m not actually certain, it might be distance from the boss when the ability starts but I’m not certain.

All I know is if a disc priest pre rapture shields the group before it starts then the direct damage barely even breaks the shields and nobody’s hp even moves / nobody gets the bleed.

The whole fight is about mitigating damage, and snowballs out of control quickly if people’s hp starts to dip.

2 Likes

if that were the case i could ward 1st and it would be very
nice

i usually ask for VE first since the 2nd is consistently more dangerous than the first ime and since lust and cds are rolling ve covers a lot of it. guarantees i can slam cds on next set.

1 Like