Brackenhide Hollow Tyrannical

Tyrannical in general at 15+ and up feels so painful. The chain boss in Neltharius nearly one shotting all DPS with nearly no time to react feels like boss damage is far too overwhelming.

With the DMG taken buff and hp pools buffed it feels one is a lot worse then the other and tyrannical some reason also feels like the adds live too long too.

It’s a week I really don’t want to play keys xP

5 Likes

Oof that’s rough

The idea was to stop 1 shot mechanics and give healers time to heal. While this may be true in some encounters there’s far too many instances where a subsequent mechanic will just kill everyone before healers have the time to get everyone up.

It’s incredibly frustrating to heal this time around

4 Likes

I’ve done this dungeon twice on 20 with minutes to spare on Tyrannical. The totem still needs to be nerfed. It needs either 1-2 more seconds on its cast time or 25-30 percent health reduction. It is way too hectic even with people who are immediately switching. The fight is VERY unfair to non-burst DPS.

The gashtooth “heal to 90% to remove” dot needs to be tuned down. A lot. Only time I’ve gotten past it was with a pally tank wog-ing alongside me healing. Literally can’t heal above 90% if Ancestral Guidance is off cd, and it goes off sooner than that’s off cd. EWT doesn’t do jack if everyone isn’t grouped up, and even if they were, the dot damage is just huge.

2 Likes

I personally haven’t wanted to play keys for 3 weeks now.

There is no way any developer at blizz plays this game at a high enough level to even see stuff that’s happening between 15 and 20 keys.

3 Likes

Yeah… Me and friends been doing Diablo 4 or just rather watch some episodes of JoJo he’s not seen.
Really ATM anything else sounds better to me than doing keys ATM xP

Bosses that require insane short bursts where every GCD matters, shouldn’t conflict with any affixes. This means:

• no afflicted should should spawn
  • no incorporeal should spawn
  • no volcanic should spawn
  • no entangling should spawn
  • no storming should spawn

Nothing more frustrating than dying to a mechanic that you couldn’t do because it’s either wiping to the mechanic because you had to do the affix, or wiping to the affix because you had to do the mechanic.

Imo bosses should get their own affixes if they want to keep affixes going.

• 1 trash affix
  • 1 boss affix

Then boss affixes could be designed in a way where they don’t create (nearly) impossible solutions during fights.

You should be able to easily clear the bleeds with ancestral guidance on the first and ascendance on the second, I don’t think ive ever gotten a third but you should have cds back up by then.
You may want to look into reworking your spec. if you swap flow of the tides to ancestral reach and move points from earthliving to improved primordial wave and continuous waves it will allow you to keep riptides rolling on the entire group to help with tier uptime and you wont be sniping all of your riptides off with your chain heals.

Use SLT and if everyone gets into it you can top easily. Then you can use ascendence and AG to get the next one. Pray you kill before a 3rd one.

Edit: Why are you using EWT? That is really strong vs some classes in PvP, but I cannot see where you want it in 5 mans currently. You are blunting like 3k per attack…

As a member of the no affix gang I actually really like this idea.

That is almost what we have?

The +14 affixes are trash only.

So bosses only have the +7 affix and trash has both.

I guess they aren’t affixes unique to each boss, but at that point they aren’t really an affix and just a boss mechanic.

1 Like

Currently we have 1 trash affix, and 1 trash + boss affix. The one that triggers on the bosses causes scenarios that clash with boss mechanics, and having to choose between only failure and failure feels bad.

I am so confused.

Dash 1: Personal + Lust + Heal
Dash 2: Personal / Party CD + Health Pot

Should die before Dash 3, otherwise you are carrying at least one DPS in your group.

This is true, it’s one of the few fights that is basically reliant on full party participation. If you have a bad dps you’re not going to be able to heal through round 3 on high keys. Dps actually need to use their personals for once instead of just zugzuging the boss.

Pop first round of cd,s get the bleeds off. Burst heal the single target, totem->dispel repeat.

Had a fury warrior doing 40kdps in a 15 on this boss vs the DK and DHs 80+k and it was just not doable carrying a dps that hard

Every attempt at a PUG I’ve had in there has fallen apart there this week. Finally got past it after 2-3 wipes tonight on a +14 that should have been a breeze.

It’s brutal.

At certain key levels every group is carrying at least 1 DPS and there are no other bosses at the 14 level where your group needs to use defensives or wipe.

Fact is this boss is just harder than most other dungeon bosses and it’s ok to admit that.

I find Uldaman to be much worse than Brackenhide on Tyrannical, i wont even go in there anymore outside of fortified

I mean, I guess the difference is I don’t see teaching people to use their defensive abilities to counter something that hurts them as a bad thing.

1 Like

This or similar is fine but in reality my experience is the first catches ppl off guard because they forget how quick it comes and the second I’m sitting there charmed while they dawdle on the totem while taking avoidable damage.