Boycotting Classic Until 24hr Instance Cap Is Removed

11,000 Feral druids tracked in the last week on warcraftlogs, this is both tank and DPS Feral druids.

How many of them actually farm MCP’s? Of those, how many are going to run into problems with not being able to farm enough MCP’s.

I’m gonna guess 10.

6 Likes

So here’s a basic rundown on the insanely low 30 instance lock they introduced in the form of an easy scenario that people might run into:

So I log onto my alt, and decide to do some dungeons, I do 3 RFC runs, and ding 20 and decide to do WC. That’s 4 runs out of 30, which leaves me with 26 resets left. Next I get bored of leveling and decide to hop on my main and do some good ole SFK farming for gold. Each run takes me about 10 minutes. I do that for an hour, by that time its about to reset and I can do more. So I do it for another hour, managed to collect about 20 greens, most of which i’ll vendor for like 5g or so, some wool cloth i’ll sell for a couple gold, and no blue BOE drops.

I decide to do it for a third hour in a row, and finally get lucky enough to have a shadowfang drop. Sweet, I made about 160g in 3 hours of farming. And this is rare btw, Ive farmed ALL day and not got any blue items, ive farmed for 4 days straight and only made like 100g off greens and cloth. But I like doing this, it’s a hobby of mine when i’m not leveling alts or doing bg’s.

With this change, I could run up all my resets in a few hours, and not be able to do any other dungeons on my alts, or farm anymore SFK for another 24 hours. Meaning that aspect of the game is now locked out for me until the next day, at like 5 in the evening possibly depending on what time I started doing all of this today.

Blizzard just told me I couldnt do what I want in a 15 year old game, something people have done forever since it started, and still do in retail. And for no real good reason. I wasnt making that much gold, not enough to inflate any economy, especially on my full server. I was just farming dungeons and relying on pure RNG, which I like.

4 Likes

They get the same sub, not playing classic wont send a signal, you would have to cancel your wow sub, hth.

I work so much and barely get time to play as well, but that doesn’t mean I want game makers to design games around my work schedule.

2 Likes

You didn’t post a boycott when bots got caught fly hacking so it pretty much shows where your priorities are. It’s funny how much 30 a day makes you cry but bots flying and you dont bat an eye.

3 Likes

I guess what I would say is that 15 year old game is their’s, not yours. They can do whatever they want with it and there is nothing you can say about it. If you disagree with the changes and cant work around it, stop giving them money. OR cope with it and find another way to enjoy it.

3 Likes

I did, game times out now. Hopefully it gets reverted, if not well, it’s been a good run this time around, lasted a lot longer than usual.

2 Likes

you dont need MCP’s to clear this piss easy content

and druids are bad dps on parses

literally what is the damn problem

5 Likes

They do see the timed play metrics which they use, not subscribers.

I’ve always been against bots, I’m usually more vocal on their Facebook page. And against hacking and cheating. Also I don’t use bots, I can’t boycott them if I don’t use them lol.

Also I don’t think you are understanding this but the only days I can play more than an hour are Saturdays and Sundays. I net about 30 hours between the too days. I have 5 level 60’s. I can easily hit instance cap in 6 or less hours. Its forcing me to be unable to play instance content because I am locked out. Between Demonic/Dark rune farming, mat farming in DM to craft items etc. I mean I don’t even have an epic mount on any of my 60’s yet.

The 30 cap is pushing players legit non bot players away.

Also this doesn’t affect bots, they will as always make more accounts and still farm 24/7.

The only one who wins here is Blizzard because they get more cash from the bots.

What Blizz really needs to do to fix the botting problem is better detection and actual GM’s to take immediate action on suspicious activity or to review the activity.

Hitting instance cap on the only 2 days I can play in 6 hours or less.

1 Like

Psssstt….

Blizz just banned 71,000 accounts… don’t let the authenticator hit you on the way out.

2 Likes

A level 60 mage and a level 30 character is a group.

1 Like

71k accounts across Classic, BfA, and China… bots will just make more accounts.

I also do love my Authenticator thank you very much. I hated getting hacked back in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath. And requiring an authenticator to play Classic WoW might just be the answer which should work well.

1 Like

You are probably a botter so we lose nothing by you quitting. Please just leave sans forum drama. LOL just go bybye

3 Likes

I’m boycotting Classic dungeons until they lift the daily cap.

Im not a botter. Also would a botter have over 2k posts on their main posting character going back before Classic was a thing?

I’ve also got a 60 Hunter, Druid and Paladin.

And have you even read the thread? My only real playtime is Saturdays and Sundays when I don’t have work. On those 2 days I play about 14 hours each. I will always hit the 30 instance cap by at least 10 hours into the day if not sooner.

Also posting on one of my classic characters before someone says you don’t play classic etc.

Laughing my [Censored] off. Good luck getting anything achieved with that ultimatum :joy::joy:

1 Like

Why would a botter quit? This change makes them more money.

1 Like

these botters are coming out of the woodwork, we got us another one above. Yikes

Not a botter, just a forumer that finds your lack of intelligence astounding.

1 Like

sounds like you are trying to insult me but I’m not fully fluent in bot language