Boxxing is pay to win

Two things they actually didn’t buy the gold from Blizzard. They broke rules buying gold for much cheaper. Also, they didn’t win which is even worse considering they cheated.

Lastly, the world first race is not supported by Blizzard.

1 Like

Just cause they didn’t win doesn’t negate the concept of pay2win. The idea is they’re put in a position above the vast majority of other guilds by paying obscene amounts of gold and rmt.

1 Like

You can’t realistically pay to win anything with cash in game. There were only limited slots you could buy with gold.

1 Like

That’s still paying to get an advantage. Something Method has used in the past and also won. Just cause they’re not in boe’s from head to toe doesn’t mean they haven’t propped themselves up using them.

If memory serves, they even transferred toons back and forth across servers doing it. So clearly they saw the advantage the boe’s provide.

1 Like

Still not pay to win. Sure buying gold with WoW tokens can get you items in game, but anyone else in game can earn those same items as well. In fact, someone else in game did earn the item so you could purchase it.

Let me guess all the M+ leader boards are topped by people paying to win?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Disagree. It is pay2win. I don’t know what others earning it for you has any relevance. People in Diablo 3 would get super high end drops, then put them on the AH for rmt and people bought them for hundreds of dollars. It was literally pay2win and one of the reasons why blizz ended up deleting the AH.

And yes. Since vanilla, boe’s (especially the high end ones) have been a form of obfuscated pay2win. It’s just limited somewhat by the slots allowed in wow.

Nope, like I said before if anything it is Pay for slightly faster character progression.

Also, since I don’t believe you link a source to Blizzard where they stated they removed it because it is “pay to win”:

I saw the Blizzard blog on it and this was not mentioned in any format.

1 Like

Well of course they’re not gonna explicitly state it. This is blizz we’re taking about lol. From memory it was just some vaguely worded statement about it being not right for the game and they realise that now yada yada. Everyone read between the lines, it was obvious how it was screwing with the playerbase like crazy. Why go through the effort of removing it otherwise?

It’s pay2win.

1 Like

Yeah, I knew you were making stuff up.

Wrong, but thanks for trying.

2 Likes

It’s pay2win. Deal with it.

Thank you for to playing my game.

Wrong, unless you can show someone winning the game with cash!

Thanks for playing my game.

3 Likes

Good grief :roll_eyes:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

So now that you think we’ve established everything in WoW is P2W, what now?

You guys ready to dismantle the game and stop playing? You’ve redefined p2w so broadly that any activity in WoW is now P2W.

2 Likes

Prepares to pull the giant Ethernet cable that connects all the wow servers to the Internet.

Zoinks we found the extremist!

yeah as soon as you buy a subscription you are winning against anyone without

The daily multiboxxing whiner threads say they do in fact ruin the economy by all the farming. Surely it’s true right ? lol

Multiboxing is not viable without using special standalone software. It’s essentially playing 1 character while botting the rest.

Well, they have to make the gold somehow. It’s not like it’s taking from the rich and giving to the poor. They are taking the entry level jobs and automating it in such a way that it’s profitable for them, but makes it unprofitable relative to time for the other guys.