Boxxing is pay to win

If you don’t mind me asking how exactly did you win the game?

you haven’t been reading this thread.

this can’t be a serious question.

why would they play at all when they can just buy it?

Why buy it when you can get it for free easily with barely any time played at all?

gonna say the same thing, why would they play at all when they can just buy it?

Well clearly he has the “ressources” now, so he won.

I disagree with the OP but don’t try to pass this obtuse remark as some kind of argument. Gold can be used to buy tokens. Tokens have a real world monetary value. So gold can be converted to a real world dollar amount.

I’m really not a fan of MBing given how it is used in today’s world compared to the past when it was really just a PvP gimmick for BG lulz.

That being said I distinctively classify P2W as referring specifically to games that have a P2W model since the creators actively encourage you to dump money into the game or you will suffer greatly because of it. That business model doesn’t exist in WoW, it is simply something players discovered (pre-WoW IIRC) that Blizzard has never promoted (or discouraged). They simply allow it to happen and what we have seen over 16 years of WoW being around is the technological barriers to being able to MB has drastically been reduced which allows a lot more people to get into it.

If you want to go down the road of MBing is P2W then you might as well call everything P2W because that’s kind of how life works. You make more money, you spend more money, you get better stuff.

1 Like

In the blizzard store. That money never left Blizzard.

1 Like

By buying a token lol. It seems everything is pay to win in these stupid multiboxing threads nowadays, and just wanted to join the hipsters haha.

3 Likes

Wrong, It can only be converted to B.Net cash. I mean really don’t be obtuse.

Pay to win implies you are at an advantage no one else gets by spending more money.

Example: Diablo real money AH.

In terms of multi-boxing - this is false.
A multi-boxer does not gain a substantial advantage that can’t also be gained by non-multi-boxers.

Which you can also get with actual money. Again, don’t act like there is no valid conversion that can be made.

1 Like

No, you can’t with out breaking Blizzard’s rules. There is no conversation on converting gold to real money because you are completely wrong.

1 Like

Nope. Stop redefining terms so broadly that they lose all meaning.

1 Like

What can WoW Tokens be used for?

• You can buy it with your real money and get WoW gold in return.
  • You can buy it with your WoW gold and get 30 days of Game Time (subscription).
  • You can buy it with your WoW gold and get Blizzard Balance.

P2W means you win by spending more money than your opponent. There are lots of games out there that will let you play normally, but if you compete against others who are spending money you basically have no chance to beat them. They also promote dropping money on the game to get past in-game obstacles quicker or you have to wait on a timer or the game is simply more difficult.

To that extent the argument is simply being made that since you are spending 5x the amount on sub costs and expansions you are winning by spending more money than someone else who just plays on one single account.

People who see MBing as P2W essentially see it more in a vaccuum in that they are dumping more money into the game and thus have more power/farming capability that any other singlular person has. In a way this argument is kind of about semantics because the reality doesn’t change that some people are pumping more money into WoW than others and getting an advantage out of it, but I don’t see any reason to call WoW a P2W game for numerous reasons.

1 Like

So, what? This has nothing to do with your previous statement which is completely false:

1 Like

Just like buying gold for boosts and carries for the top gear could be considerd P2W. Yet that is not.

Winning a game like WoW is up to the player. There is no general win factor common to everyone.

Correct, if anything it could be considered pay for slightly faster character progression.

Tbh high end boe’s are also pay2win. Why you think Method spent millions on boe’s during the world’s first race?

1 Like