Bought the war within ce but key not working

Bought the ce for the war with in for my husband account and it not working can we get it fix got it from the gear store. Thanks

You will want to open a ticket to ask for assistance. You can do that here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/167/solution

5 Likes

Good luck with that one customer service should be able to help me with this and it used to take days for them to answer those tickets

Since the support organization only works to tickets, a ticket is your only recourse. Posting here will only get you accurate information (such as letting you know that posting here is not a viable alternative to a ticket.)

4 Likes

This isn’t Customer Service, though. Customer Support is a forum for players to assist other players, with our pretty nifty SFAs (the ONLY Blues you see posting here) helping out when and where they can. They’re not GMs, which is why you need to submit a ticket.

And I’ll tack on to say too - whatever estimation you see as a ticket response time? It’s not for your specific ticket. It’s an estimation based on the oldest ticket in the system. I haven’t heard anything of recent about ticket times ballooning out yet with pre-patch dropping today, so hopefully they’ll respond fairly quickly and get you set on being able to accept your code.

Good luck to you.

4 Likes

I know right I just got directed back to the gear store and the gear store said they can’t help you so I’m just getting the runaround now from everybody so I’m hoping customer service will get back to me and be able to solve this problem about getting me a new game code for my husband‘s account

If you have a ticket, they will. We’ve seen at least one other case where a GM could correct issues with CE game keys in response to a ticket.

3 Likes

I called the gear store and they had no idea what I was talking about they directed me back to you guys and said you had to take care of the problem so I’m at loss I guess I lost all my money now to get my partner a key for The unless I want to spend another 80 bucks for the game

Did you purchase it through the gear store itself, or some other retailer?

1 Like

Put in a ticket, Taurak.

2 Likes

I put a ticket and they told me to contact the gear store I called the store they said they have to research it and find out if they handle it or if Wells customer service has to handle it told me she get back to me in 24 to 48 hours The runaround must be nice and I did put a ticket in the game people told me to contact the gear store

Most of these have been from a wrong region key.

CS just got directives on how to handle them. I’m going to take a leap and say your ticket was processed before that directive came through.

They CAN help, now, but you’ll want to submit another ticket.

7 Likes

Open another ticket. It’s a known issue that they should be able to fix. It’s likely that you purchased the wrong version of the game and didn’t know it. GMs should now be able to lend a hand.

2 Likes

Getting really irritated getting the runaround I need somebody to take care of this problem with the key that’s not working for my collectors edition

What was the last ticket reply? It’s definitely not something that can be fixed via the forums as there are no GMs here.

2 Likes

That the game masters can’t fix it in the gear store has to fix it and the gear store is telling me only management can fix it and I can’t get a hold of Manager there this is getting very irritating going on for a week now so someone needs to fix this problem

Did you open another ticket as asked?

3 Likes

There seems to be a bit of confusion here and there, sorry for that.

From what I can see, Taurak, you seem to be contacting us on behalf of your husband. The ticket really should come from your husband.

They require the code your husband received. He can attach a screenshot of it to the ticket.

8 Likes