Bought subscription, but account says i'm still starter edition

Recently I had bought a 1 month subscription to WoW but when I look in Games and Subscriptions it still says I’m still only the Starter Edition, and when I play its the Starter Edition. I wanted to ask for help so i can continue to play. Is there just a delay? Is this a common problem? What should I do? Please help i really want to play past level 20

I see three attempts, but they all look like they failed.

I’d first double check all the information in Account Management is accurate, number, exp date, etc.

You might also try a different payment method. I can’t see why, just that it doesn’t look like any of the attempts went through.

2 Likes

I had used a pre-paid visa card, could that be it?

For a subscription, yes. Those won’t work - subs need something that isn’t finite.

Same reason balance can’t be used for a sub - but can for time.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you. You say the balance can be used for a time? So would it be possible to pay for that and play till the balance runs out?

1 Like

You choose the length you want (and can afford) and it is applied. It will run out unless you add more at a future point.

4 Likes

A time card, yes, not a subscription. You should also be able to use a pre-paid to buy a time card, however, I’d check the balance on what you have in hand first.

They may have deducted something from these attempts, just depends how far it got through the system. I’d just suggest checking that first.

5 Likes

thank you, and thank you for your patience

2 Likes

Spraarf: If you have Paypal, you can use that instead of a credit card or a time card as well.

Don’t mean to Hijack a post, But i literally have the same problem, just came back to WoW and tried to buy game time, 4 attempts now and it hasn’t worked. Tried my card and my PayPal, i even get an email confirming that i have started a new subscription but then it doesn’t work, anyhelp is appreciated

4 Likes

Well make sure ur CC is up to date and if that fails talk to billing in the morning.

Can vouch for this post, I got my big brother and his wife back into the game they both just paid subscriptions at a 6 month reoccurring on each of the accounts, is this a issue that will fix itself in the next 72 hours or should they request a refund? the only difference between the original post was he was using a pre-paid visa card, and my brother and his wife paid directly from a card that is linked to a Bank account. They’re currently logged on playing the game, but says they’re on a starter edition, so I used my working subscription to form a group that they could level together in.

~This either needs to be fixed soon, or made public on the official blue post news.

1 Like

Usualy it takes time for the subscription to updated as stated before it can take up 2 72hrs for it to process but can be shorter just gota give it time.

5 Likes

Was my only other thought of a possible outcome, it surprised me that a Thriving Trillion Dollar Franchise like Activision Blizzard still has issues that I see as a minor and simple fix maybe compared to fixing/editing code for the game itself.

Its not always BLIZZARD not activision activision is a parent company nothing more usualy its either payment failure or just as simple as either changing password or logging in and outa the forums.

2 Likes

Well, as mentioned above they’re currently logged into the client playing classic wow, but still says they’re on a Starter Edition License.

The only way to get around the group system for the time being was, to log into my game license and invite them both to a group, and hand one of them leader, then leave that group.

Thank you for the help, we will see in the next few days what happens.

You can also get them to check there transaction history and see what it says they can always talk to billing in the morning.

1 Like

Knowing how Blizzard Activision or whatever handle things, they should not be able to even login period and play classic wow if the payment was failed or pending.

Payment was confirmed and completed, i will not share the personal information here.

The obvious would be a Blizzard Issue,

It’s not an issue. It is working as designed. When a new sub is purchased, either for the first time or after an account hasn’t had time for awhile it can take up to 72 hours for the social restrictions to lift. This is working as intended and is an anti scamming measure. It usually doesn’t take the full three days though, it depends on when Blizzard gets the all clear from the payment processor.

4 Likes

The timing has to do with the banks transferring the money to Blizzard’s account (not Activision-Blizzard, which is just a holding company not the actual business). How big Blizzard is and how big the banks are, and how much money both entities have, does not change the speed. That is why it can take longer if you use PayPal. For that PayPal has to receive the money from your bank, then it has to send it to Blizzard.

Activision and Blizzard are separate companies under the umbrella company Activision-Blizzard. The same way that Cheerios and Olive Garden restaurants are separate under General Mills (look it up).

1 Like