Botting problem in PVP

I can’t possibly conceive that this problem could get as bad as it is right now, but it is.

Every single battleground that I queued lately has bots, and I mean, nearly half the team has bots.

I joined an AV this week, and 19, NINETEEN of the players were paladins with names that looked like a toddler’s wish that would be an actual word in scrabble, all wearing greens/blue.

And that is not happening only in AV, it’s happening everywhere, I can literally see them taking THE SAME PATH, had four bots in warsong Gulch that walked, literally, through the same path from one end of the map to another, like they were on /follow of each other.

It’s infuriating, and you don’t seem to do anything about it, ban waves do nothing if that account stays on 24/7 griefing players for 1-2 months before you ban it.

14 Likes

There’s no excuse. None. Is there a reason, I mean a real reason Blizzard can’t plop a couple GM’s in BGs? What? They have to “study” them for three months? It’s insane.

Every few months Blizzard makes a blue post bragging about how they banned 40k+ bots. Great. Thanks for allowing them to ruin our BGs for months on end while you “investigate.” And thanks for allowing the next wave of bots to continue to ruin BGs.

It’s complete and utter incompetence.

7 Likes

It may seem terrible now, but with Bobby K. golden-parachuting out of Activision – it’s just going to get worse. And only then will we realize how much Bobby K. personally did to keep the World of WarCrafti running smoothly. That guy will easily be worth 3x his total compensation package by the end of Q1 2024 and we’ll be collectively dumbfounded that we ever progressed beyond Molten Core without his stellar leadership.

100% agree with and feel for the OP.

1 Like

Yea only viable pvp in wrath is arena and wg, i havent seen any bots is wg…

yeah the stupid posts are getting old. the only reason they are putting banwaves out is to get these people into another account. when they decided to get rid of honorbuddy, bots were gone overnight. two things:

allow votes to kick just like gammas
put a gear req in bgs.

There’s bots in WG for sure. Sat there tonight and picked them off as they ran out of the horde GY.

Rogues and Paladins seem to be the bot’s favorites.

Yeah what could go wrong? :roll_eyes:

This is literally Blizzard’s job. It isn’t the job of players to open their UI and go down the list and report bot after bot. That’s ridiculous. None of us are getting paid. And creating some squirrelly work-around which also puts the responsibility for maintaining the game in the hands of the players is both unnecessary and terrifying. I can think of a million things that could go sideways with that idea.

GMs in BGs: simple, immediate results, healthy for the game, everyone’s happy. Except the bots. I can’t think of a single reason why this isn’t being done. Not a single reason.

4 Likes

Blizzard can’t even be bothered to streamline reporting them. You have to go through a menu to report when “report for botting” could have been right on the first right click menu. There’s also no command to send a report as far as I know, meaning you can’t macro it to a button either. If Blizzard expects us to do their job for them, at least make it convenient for us to do so. But really, players should not have to report such gross and obvious botting in the first place. Even basic automatic detection would flag these incredibly repetitive bots. They make no attempt what so ever to disguise or hide the behavior. They’re only concerned about staying in combat to avoid AFK flagging, which is all real players can do them. Blizzard staff could also easily spy into active BGs and see, with their own eyeballs, bots all over the place, and start wacking accounts. Don’t let any sycophant tell you that Blizzard can’t do something about this crap. They just can’t be bothered.

1 Like

The worst part is that they don’t even make reporting players something easy to do.

You can report someone away in 2 clicks.

To report someone for botting, takes 5-6, across multiple windows, which you need to select the same options over and over again, takes like 10 times more than report someone away, and in the end feels like nothing, because the bot is there again in the next game, and the next, and the one after that as well.

If you want to make us do your work, at least make it easy to do it.

“But some people can grief by mass reporting other people for wrong reasons”

Then punish those, instead of punishing everyone, maybe for once, for just once, you could make a decision that is focused on reward the ones that do the good thing and help report the bot problem instead of punish everyone because a handful are misusing the system.

1 Like

I am, LITERALLY, in a match RIGHT NOW where 2/3 of the team is made out of rogue bots with 9k HP

This is beyond frustrating, frustration was what I felt 8 months ago, THIS IS INFURIATING

6 Likes

It’s too hateful. I don’t see responses from GM or anything, there is no solution anywhere, it is terrible that we are paying and that they are not taking care of us as they should. This game is not free WE NEED ATTENTION!!

3 Likes

Agreed with everyone here. It’s insane that in a sub-based mmorpg that this botting issue exists making the PvP experience so bad. It is blaringly obvious that not a single member of the overlooking team plays the game - or if they do, are handcuffed because the company is making money from the botters buying new accounts / subs. From what I have heard, fan made servers put more effort in treating the players and the IP with the respect it deserves. Unfortunately 95% of bg’s are PvE at the moment and when other players join we /cheer and laugh in the chat that we can’t believe another player is in the battleground.

Imagine if they cut Bobbie’s paycheck in half for 2023 and used like 70 million to hire a bunch of GMs.

1 Like

Currently in a bg with 10 bot rogues. Please blizzard, do SOMETHING about this. They’re all chinese too, do what private servers do and remove chinese characters from the game, put IP bans in place for china, and put gear requirements on BGs.

2 Likes

The flat out don’t care about Wrath Classic. It’s why the issue has gotten bad as it has in Wrath and SoD.

1 Like

So the flavor of the week is Death Knights

First it was Paladins, then Rogues, now this week the BG’s are flooded by DK’s

And yet, nothing that is actually significant is done.

I spent a few weeks queueing solo trying to finish battlemaster.

I recognize bots now, not just by behavior, but by name, I have reported the same bots, THE SAME BOTS, that walk around in a line and do all the same actions, MULTIPLE TIMES.

You can even see how blatant it is if you find them in Isle of Conquest, they enter a demolisher, turn it, and start firing at nothing, for the entire battleground, literally, firing at nothing for the duration of the entire battleground.

This is so infuriating

1 Like

This maybe wouldnt fix all botting in bgs since some of it is probablyto gear up the bots… but if they just changed gems to be pre-cut and bop or boa it would probably reduce most of the bots in bgs.

Sure it would be a hit to JC… but professions are dead anyways with the gdkp economy.

Id rather have bots roaming the open world mining every node on every layer to flood the ah with gems to syphon gold for RMT instead of ruining bgs.

Bgs can be fun if its all humans. Havent been able to experience that in a while.

And today we have… DKs! The latest ban wave sure took care of the problem, didn’t it?

Blizzard, stop doing the same, pointless thing over and over. Monitor your game.

I quit because of the rampant botting issue and honestly with the lack of response or care from Blizzard, seems like I made the right choice. At this point they really do seem like they don’t care about the state of the game.

2 Likes