Botting has GOT to stop

Blizz, I am so close to quitting over this issue. The botting problem has never been this bad. And it’s not just boomkins. I sat in Bastion watching one bear druid stay still while spamming the area. Another druid would run a set path back and forth basically doing the same thing.

I am tired of reporting these players, and tired of seeing nothing change. I fully realize this game is mostly a time-waster to start with. But at least I can pretend that I’m working towards a goal.

Seeing rampant botting makes me think you just don’t care anymore. And honestly, if you don’t, then why should I? I mean, do you want me to quit? Because you’re doing a bang-up job.

26 Likes

This is the other method the druid bots have that I noticed some time ago; at least two bears drawing mass aggro in a hyperspawn area, exp locked, killing everything without a challenge. And they are bots, because I’ve already gotten two sets of them banned.

3 Likes

I dont know man…just feels like the same 3 players posting over and over on low post count alts in here about this.

But…report in game. We cant do anything about it in here

4 Likes

Not being a donkey, but do you know what happens after your report a player?

It’s never instant gratification, you’re not going to see the players you reported suddenly disappear while you’re watching.

And for good reasons, imagine I get salty towards you for stealing my node and report you! If the system were automatically banning players anyone reported, you better believe that abuse would happen.

Don’t dwell on it, report them and keep playing your game. There’s a wave coming, bank on it.

3 Likes

it’s always been this bad.

not sure why you’re only seeing it now.

6 Likes

Might as well quit. Blizzard will never do anything to prevent botting so even after a ban wave they will be back in less than 24 hours. Just start botting yourself.

Tbh more people need to start cheating and botting. The larger the issue the better probability it will get some legitimate attention. So please tell your friends and guild to make 10 bots each. Make the game completely unpleasant for everyone.

Doing the right thing hasn’t worked in 15 years. Guess we need a new approach

3 Likes

actually i have over 17k posts the rest of them are on the old forums.

mmmmm k…I was talking about the OP and HIS sub 50 count post history.

Withered J’im made a video so suddenly its a massive problem

3 Likes

I reported 4 or 5 the other day and they were banned.

First new expansion ?
This is normal (would even say less than normal) at the beginning of an expansion.
The bot makers / users / gold sellers / other scum of WoW know that Blizzard is more focused on balance etc. at the beginning of an expansion and this is their time to make as much real $$$ off the payerbase by selling their ill gotten gold before the first massive bot ban wave hits.

They do get banned. If blizz just banned the entire druid class they’d probably fix the problem faster though.

3 Likes

https://media1.giphy.com/media/FeeTEKqiQlqhJfX6Pq/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qlehyrdi02dc2y8tuqoz6w1055cwz5to9tvtqsaa&rid=giphy.gif

2 Likes

Or make druid spells cost mana so they can’t endless spam for 5 hours straight.

I’ve been playing for 16 years, I used to post a lot in the olden days, but those got wiped looong ago. I try to stay away from forum so I don’t get depressed. If you don’t believe me, I have a panda pet you can say hi to.

they can’t even keep up nowadays with everything going on, did they use to idk sure seemed alot better idc anymore just seems i get to pay way less gold in the ah with them around so i flat don’t care since i ain’t much in to farming gold like i used to just to spend 500k on a legendary that is now way cheaper for obvious reasons so who cares.

I honestly see more posts about bots on the forums than I actually see in game. And I’m in Bastion a lot.

1 Like

Interestingly, when I play during the day, I almost see none. They tend to come out very late at night, and especially in the early morning hours. Which makes total sense, since they are less likely to get reported, and thus can bot the night away.

I guess what really bugs me is that normal players can spot a bot in about 15 seconds. These things are not that intelligent or sneaky. I’ve never seen one be clever enough to slightly modify its path, or run through various different behaviors.

So the question is, with Machine Learning being so damn clever these days, how in the world can Blizzard not spot these things and auto-kick them? No human being is accurate enough to move in the exact same way twice. How can they not detect these patterns?

2 Likes

I play at night almost exclusively. I am a night person.

But I don’t see them much at all.

I believe you. That doesn’t mean it isn’t happening to others. And certainly from the number of threads on this, it seems I’m not alone.

I don’t expect this to actually change. I’m just frustrated.