Botting has GOT to stop

You know you can still get those

I like this idea

Oh I believe it happens. But also that people often mistake multi-boxers for them.

It’s just an odd phenomena lately, too. And with crz, I’d expect to see more of them with the complaints I see. The last one I saw was late BFA.

Also topics trend on here. Which I’m sure often stems from Discord discussions and Youtube videos.

If Blizzard gave 10 GMs authority over the game for 1 hour to monitor high respawn areas across several shards of theirs a day, this issue would be nipped in the bud in a week.

1 Like

I saw some bots, botting leather in an open area. Me and like one other guy reported them. Few days later I got a in game email saying my report helped cause action against their accounts.

Report them.

Glad someone does. If blizzard doesn’t think this is an issue worth spending resources on. Then make it an issue. This worked a lot in other games like COD.

Personally I enjoy the cheap prices on the AH thanks to them.

I reported like 30 moonbois in Suramar that were botting yesterday.

You can’t alt tab and control characters with that level of precision.

not enough imo, things are way too expensive still
MOAR BOTS BLIZZARD

1 Like

That prices would fall due to bot activity is false. There are human beings on the other side of those bots and they will price their goods as high as they can and still make sales.

I have a friend that did. Years ago. So it likely depends on the person.

I actually did my first ever bot report today. Feels pretty satisfying!

Blizz does take it seriously. Bots have existed forever, it’s nothing new to SL. They periodically ban a mass ton of them in waves, but it’s a complicated battle more than players think. The goal is not just the bots, it’s the program the bots are using. Blizz tries to destroy it and catch as many fish as possible.

It’s an eternal cycle. All we can do is just report them and move on while Blizz handles it.

those sons of witches
BAN MOAR BOTS BLIZZARD

1 Like

Do you have any idea - any at all - what this game would look like if Blizzard didn’t care about bots? There are 250-some servers with ~45 zones each; that’s like 11,000 zones, and I’m not even counting layers.

Most of these zones are bot-free. You can say there are many bots - and there are - but the majority of gameplay areas are free of them.

What you said is like saying, “I saw a crook snag a purse today and I’m tired of seeing crime. Obviously, the police don’t care about thieves and I’m tired of it.”

Yet, if the police actually didn’t care about thieves, anywhere you go outdoors would be like Mad Max. You can actually go to the grocery store without being robbed or assaulted because of our society’s stance on crime.

1 Like

For my first one, I found a Draenei Mage farming Sky Queen in Zuldazar Saturday (for why, who knows?), with erratic movements, so I flagged PVP on my Goblin Warrior and killed him a few times. He went right on trying to farm the NPC with no regard for me. He even hearthed once, and was back in maybe 20 seconds, hitting his home spot and pulling, following the exact same steps over and over. Got bored, reported him, and went to Darkmoon Faire. Let Blizzard figure it out.

Unless Blizzard is botting so that nobody can make money… so that you all have to buy wow tokens to afford your legendary upgrades.

tinfoil hat

I’m not sure what level of proof you require, but I can’t force you to believe me. I mean, the achievement is in my armory if you really care to look. Or I could go looking for my original 2004 receipt from Fry’s Electronics in Campbell, CA, but pretty sure I don’t have that anymore.

But all besides the point anyway. Even if I was a first-day player, the situation is as I reported, and my feelings would be just as valid.

The only way to stop it is with a massive invasion of everyone’s privacy. It is and will always be an ongoing battle, because players receive packets, make a decision, and send packets back. Did I send the packet using my index finger, or a pencil press of the key, or my cat jumping on the keyboard, or some software installed on my machine?

Yea, just remove the druid class and it’ll fix everything