Bots literally fly hacking and boosting people to level 25 in SoD

Ok so I am the winner then.

There was no competition, you made a stupid thread telling us all that people are fly hacking in dungeons.

Like they havent been for the last 10 years lmfao.

Thanks for the update kiddo.

Thanks for playing and learning something.

As soon as you teach me something i will thank you.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with drawing awareness to an issue, especially when itā€™s happening recently with proof. Itā€™s like saying we shouldnā€™t use the report function in game because itā€™s been happening for years.

No you wonā€™t because you are a sore loser.

• Private Servers, as mentioned, have a significant lower player count.

• Being that private server GMā€™s essentially have no one to ā€œreport toā€, they can just turn on invisibility, teleport to a player, and monitor them which leads to much swifter bans. In official WoW you now need to justify an employee spending that time to ban one account, which is very unlikely going to end up being profitable.

• private servers typically have a (really poor) built in anticheat that will do a decent amount of work for them. However this can very easily trigger false positives which in a private server environment really doesnā€™t matter that much whereas if you ban innocent players (which does happen) on official wow the blowback is much more severe.

How would you know, you have never seen me lose.

You lost in this thread so yeah I have.

Ok. Good for them.

I do my fair share of defending Blizzard, but not when it comes to this. They have the resources to fix this problem. Even hiring more GMā€™s to observe these behaviors could be so impactful. With the profit they generate, there is no excuse that this has been this bad for so long which is why I donā€™t think they want to completely fix the problem, bot accounts generate millions for Blizzard, itā€™s good business at our expense. Maybe that will change with Bobby gone.

Sure, but this was clearly meant as a rage bait thread. OPā€™s character name (and their post history) indicates that one easily enough.

And Drink isnā€™t incorrect; this has been happening for many years over many different versions of the game. It shouldnā€™t come as a surprise that itā€™s happening in SoD as well, and while it sucks that it is thereā€™s not a whole lot we can do about it.

Bringing awareness to it like you mentioned sure, but doing it in this way (where OP is just constantly arguing trying to convince themselves their correct) doesnā€™t help the situation at all and may even be worse since it can make the average reader just dismiss the thread entirely immediately

If you think this is going to be magically fixed by Kotick leaving youā€™re going to have a bad time.

The people who are actually making a living off of selling gold they get from botting are not paying sub costs via legitimate means.

Thereā€™s multiple methods (outside of just the very obvious stolen CC ones) that I clearly canā€™t discuss here, but I can very safely say at absolute best blizz is barely breaking even when it comes to extreme large scale botters (mainly from CC chargeback fees)

If you want to PM me in game tomorrow I can send you screenshots of a convo I had a few years back with the owner of a very large gold selling website who Iā€™m acquainted with going over these subjects

I personally donā€™t watch streamers live, but do watch the odd clip, but Iā€™m glad they bring awareness to issues in gaming. These forums are just another avenue to do the same regardless of what the OPā€™s intention was. Bait or not, a title like that creates urgency.

How could Blizzard condone hackers leveling people to 25? Btw, not saying they do, itā€™s Christmas break, so many people are demanding immediate action to various things expecting employees to not spend time with their families. Iā€™m sure a handful of people are working or on call for emergencies.

Iā€™m hoping with Bobby leaving that the culture changes at Blizzard. Iā€™ve already read and heard positive feedback about the morale among the developers. Even the first meeting with Xbox and Phil Spencer went extremely well as their intention was to get to know the people, and not talk about business which is a great start, treating your employees like people.

Yes the end goal is to be profitable and successful, but that can also be achieved by taking care of your people and giving them the freedom to make great games (see BG3). When you make content with maximizing microtransactions in mind, you lose focus on what makes a game great. Iā€™m not saying all microtransactions are bad, but Bobby didnā€™t want to make another RTS because the monetization model wasnā€™t great. Where Phil would love to see a WC4 or SC3.