BOTs in Drustvar

ive made a ticket sent screenshots of these 2 botting in drust would appr some help on em, kinda forcing the non bots out on farming leather atm

Right-click reporting them for cheating is the best, and really only, thing you can do.

Removing them is not an instantaneous thing though. Blizzard studies the bot first, figuring out how it works so they can track other bot users, etc; before they have a ban wave.

They do not go and ban individual bots as they are reported. That would just let the bot makers know Blizz is on to their bot and cause them to make changes to make it less detectable and restart the whole break-the-bot process.

Anytime you see someone you suspect is a bot report it. But don’t expect a quick fix for it; it’s a lengthy process to break a bot.

4 Likes

As is being said in the other bot thread that’s also trending towards the top of the threads - right click and report. You will not get immediate results because Blizzard likes to find out how they’re botting so they can close that loophole and then ban in waves, but be sure that they will be sanctioned if they are indeed botting.

Just please right click and report them for cheating, then move on. The folks behind the scenes will look into it and will act as soon as they possibly can.

2 Likes

as long as it takes them seems id be better off getting a smurf account bot like a mad person, because in blizzard time frame they already ruined the economy

And Blizz will close down that account, remove any goods/gold from it, track where it gone to and action that account as well. Just an FYI.

5 Likes

And then you would be in just as much trouble as these folks.

As is said in the other thread also - you don’t know 100% if they are or are not botting. It could very well be somebody/some people who have nothing better to do then sit there and farm for hours on end, just the same as you are wanting to do. As long as they are reported, then it will be seen. There are two continents and many zones where you can farm, same as the other players and bots do.

It may not be the response you want, but Blizzard will get it handled. Hang around long enough and you’ll see when the ban waves go out and people are flocking to this forum to cry about their innocence.

5 Likes

So you’d rather they ban each bot as it’s reported, never actually being able to break the bot since it keeps getting changed when more bots are banned?

Please explain how that is ever going to help the botting situation?

And then you’ll be right back here complaining about your ban and how you were innocent/falsely flagged and/or that it’s Blizzards fault you were banned because they “forced” you to bot. That’ll work great.

4 Likes

So your answer to botting is becoming part of the problem? How is that helpful? What would that really accomplish?

4 Likes

my long boiiiii

Which you would lose when they do a ban-wave of the botters. And any extra gold. And any gear and mats you got while botting.

4 Likes

There is a reason they don’t insta-suspend on detection. It alerts the bot makers that Warden is on to them, and they will adjust their algorithms to beat it better. Blizzard would prefer to not give them that opportunity, hence the Ban Waves every few months. It keep the botters’ guessing. Also if Blizzard pulls the trigger too early, there is a more likely hood that innocent accounts get caught in the wave. They check and double check, dotting their "I"s and crossing the "T"s before they release the Krakken.

3 Likes

yea yea i get it dude going to lock this down soon its whatever dont know why anyone try’s anymore.

Right click report tends to be the preferred method and let me cover a little of why. When you right click on the person’s portrait to report, it automatically includes the character’s name, realm, current location in game as well as a lot of other points.

I looked at your ticket, Holzie, and you didn’t include the names or realms of whomever you were reporting. In one screenshot you appear to be standing a good distance from some others, but it’s too small to make out their names. In the other shot, at least one of the characters has an (*) next to their name, indicating they are from another realm.

We don’t need details on everything that a suspected botter may be doing, but including the basics like, name/realm, is infinitely helpful. :slight_smile:

I imagine you are just being facetious, Holzie, but just to cover this… Tolna is correct. Using compromised and throwaway accounts isn’t uncommon. Part of many of these investigations is to track where the gold and materials go. This can result in anything from the simple removal of the ill gotten goods to suspending or closing the involved accounts.

5 Likes

There is almost always a gang of Boomkins farming mobs I come across either in Drustvar or Nazmir starfalling their hearts out. I can’t make out if they are gold farming or for the leather as I don’t see someone skinning the creatures so idk.

But the group do it for hours at a time. I mean if I am leveling in Drustvar for example it can take me a few hours to clear the zones quests they are at the farm spot when I start and still there when I am done.

So report them…

I see them too in Zandalar. They don’t behave like multiboxers, so I report them, just right click one or two of them and let fly the reports. There is a box when you report so you can give the GMs a little more detail.

3 Likes

Oh don’t worry I report anyone I suspect or feel is cheating never you mind. I actually sometimes don’t have enough time to get a report right click their player frame. (that is for flying hack bots)

yeah, Flybots are a bit tricky to tag.

If that happens, if you’re able to remember the character name-realm, you can use that information in an email to hacks@blizzard.com to give them somewhere to start looking.

3 Likes

Exactly. That’s how I maxxed out my skinning toon. Got tons of stacks of leather, and after I starting tagging the mobs while they mowed them down, I started getting some good gold too.

1 Like

Thats a misconception and a lie Blizzard cant afford to let them stay right click and report thats all that needs to be done its lies like that that make people afraid to report.

5 Likes