Bots bots and more bots

Creating a new thread wasn’t enough? You Had to create necro this one as well.

The mods had been doing a fairly good job keeping this place clean…

Bots and sock puppet spam are both annoying. Bots a little more, but that ain’t saying much.

1 Like

While it’s understandable to want game developers to implement changes that would benefit solo players in World of Warcraft, it’s important to keep in mind that this is not entirely a developer issue. Game developers must balance player feedback with their own vision for the game and what they believe is best for the overall player experience. Additionally, there are many factors at play when it comes to game development and maintenance, such as budget constraints, technical limitations, and limited resources.

It’s important for players to provide constructive feedback and suggestions, but it’s also important to recognize that game developers have their own goals and challenges to consider. Ultimately, game development is a complex process that requires a balance of player feedback and developer vision. If you have any specific concerns or suggestions, it’s always a good idea to express them in a respectful and constructive manner.

They’ve actually started delisting many bot complain threads, a clear sign that they see the problem but just do not care about it. Delisting threads without responding in ANY of them is basically a pathetic attempt to quietly sweep the problem under the rug and hope it goes away without ever having to acknowledge to do anything about it. Note that I’m NOT saying they shouldn’t axe duplicate threads, but they should respond in at least 1 thread.

This demands a context. If they say, “we don’t give a crap, stop complaining about it,” then ya, I would believe them. If they say, “we’re doing everything we can, we have an entire staff dedicated to this, we ban a hundred every day,” then no, I would not.

3 Likes

Maybe we should figure out how to write a program to flood the forums with bots to complain about the bots.

:thinking.meme:

3 Likes

Why would you want them to repond? You wouldn’t believe them anyways, right?

Theyre delisting threads, what a coverup

3 Likes

They can start by banning the bots that get reported…they dont even do that. How can i give feedback to someone thats unwilling to listen? You come in on a high horse defending blizzard a 30 year old game company saying they dont know how to handle a bot? No they purposely are doing nothing so what do you want me to call it. Theres 1000s of posts about it and not a SINGLE blue post…

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true. They care about all those subs coming from bots.

1 Like
1 Like

You’re my new hero.

2 Likes

Ban GDKPs and most of the bots will disappear.

They were around long before GDKPs were. There’s plenty of other incentive in the game for lazy people to buy gold with RMT.

Edit:
I’m not defending GDKP, btw. I can’t stand it. Just saying it wouldn’t do what you’re suggesting it would.

1 Like

GDKPs have been a thing since the start of Classic in 2019.

Bots were around in 2006

1 Like

LOL.

Though to be fair, they don’t seem to care enough to be that overt. It’s just the natural consequences of their game support and customer support being utterly gutted. The few GMs left focus on Retail.

Classic is just of no consequence or importance to them. Just milking the playerbase for as little effort as possible. They don’t care about the bots overrunning the game. Except basking in those subs.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed many bots. But I tell you what, I see a lot of enthusiastic death knights around!!

Oh Wow, Look! A Turtle! Let’s go pet it.

1 Like

The last reduction in force for the CS department was in 2012.

Bots make it nearly impossible to level mining. Clearly Blizzard just wants us all to skip gathering professions and buy gold. At this point, they might as well just bring the WoW token to Classic.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.