Bots are destroying the integrity of the game

You’d think the guy teleporting would send out huge alarms. Like i get that sometimes bots arent easy to find because they are programmed to change routes so that they look like theres a chance they could be players

This guy isnt even trying to hide it

You can debate this all you want it makes 0 difference what version of the game you’re paying for and what version you get for free.

Theres no debate. You get both for 15/mo

I don’t see bots, I see engineers, alchemists, miners and herbalists. People who do the jobs that nobody wants to do themselves. They’re an integral part of the community.

The players reporting them helps I am sure, but there is a lot more that can be done on their end.

I think you and many other companies would be pleasantly surprised what a company that cares will do to attract customers.

They can continue to monetize bots by taking their sub money… just ban them sooner. Everyone wins, except the bots, of course.

No I pay to play classic, I can’t pay less to only play classic. Therefore I get retail for free.

I didn’t even know that the game had “integrity”. I don’t know what that means. But whatever it is, I miss it.

I don’t believe this. I think this is made-up.

Blizzard has a team working against bots every day of the year. The idea that they only work on bots occasionally is false.

But they don’t tell YOU about it. You are the public. You don’t tell the public all the details, because doing that also tells the cheaters. Rule 1 of every fight is not to tell the enemy what you are doing.

1 Like

and it doesn’t work.

spend 6 months gathering information to a ‘big ban wave’

less than a week later they are back.

2 Likes

The integrity of the game was destroyed months and months ago when most guilds were one phasing ragnaros in greens and blues.

In Blizzard’s fantasy world (WoW), they’re responsible for stopping cheaters.

Are they paying you to shill for them?

It has been posted and checked many times. Bots make a substantial amount of blizzard subscription revenue.

We see that rather than remove bots, Blizzard updates the game to require more bots in order do what bots do. For example, the recent 30 day instsnce limit was crafted in a way to require botters operate more accounts to service their needs.

Remember, Vanilla WoW had 1 company alone with 400k bot accounts. Imagine what it is now and what that revenue means to Blizzard.

That is a lie.

They’ve been absolutely consistent with this stance since at least as far back as 2011:

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/215264-blizz-mining-bots-are-everywhere-again/

You say others don’t have a clue, but no one was talking about RL laws and policing, this is about in game ToS, which you should read some time, you might learn something and think before you speak/spew garbage from your pie hole and attack others. Blizz most certainly can stop botters, but new ones with new methods will come along after. Do we as the community get paid to help Blizz stop botting… no but we can help keep the cost of our beloved game at it’s current price, and most importantly help keep the integrity in tact of a game that many of us started playing so many years ago, and continue to play today. If you don’t want to bother reporting bots or cheating b/c you think it’s a waste of time, then don’t, but don’t talk all high and mighty and complain about them or Blizzards system if you aren’t going contribute to stopping it. Blizz can’t catch them all, but if everyone tried to help by using that report button then there would certainly be far less of them than there are now.

There are multiple interviews from gold sellers that directly refute that. One for example had 400,000 WoW accounts. Another example is Wowheads history (purchased by gold farming company).

If Blizzard is saying 400k is not worthwhile, as you’ve linked, then you know that is an absolute lie.

1 Like

Lets not forget they let bots run amok in retail for years and didnt lower the hammer until they lost that lawsuit against the one bot company.

Yeah sure, they paid a lot of lip service to it but I was still doing IoC with damn near the same 38 bots for over 2 years.

Edit: As an aside, integrity and WoW are not two things that go togther, classic included.

And while its easy to point the finger at blizzard just remember you probably got a few guildmates stokin that fire.

You can believe the thieves if you want. Not the kind of people I’d take the word of.

Normally, I would agree.

Except one of these companies was funded by a publically held US company (Goldmann Sachs) and they reported $500 million in revenue in 1 year.

This same company shifted and purchased Allakhazam, Thottbot, Wowhead, and more.

These acquisitions and the sheer size of the operation meant that a lot of people were involved. These people have done many interviews over the years.

Yes, this is real.

The dollar amounts involved with bots is staggering. This includes the massive revenue for Blizzard, hence their not taking direct action that is, at this point, industry standard to ptevent botting as it would substantially impact their revenue.

Even leveling this lock, I’ve seen 3 bots in the starting zone already

All mages, and they all do the same thing. Pull mob, kill it, sit down to drink and eat to full, go loot mob, repeat.

One of them bugged out and ran back and forth for 2 minutes straight, until he spun around really fast, paused, then went back to killing mobs

I also watched a mage run into the blacksmith of Brill, target the vendor, run out to the road, pause for 2 seconds, then run back in and repeat. She did this for 4 HOURS. 4 hours of the same repeat running back and forth in the exact same path. Idk wtf she was doing as she was only lvl 7, but it was weird

It also made me think, if I can spot a bot this easily, Blizz would definitely be able to spot them if they bothered to actually monitor in the game. The bots are very obvious

Region lock US servers

3 Likes