Both WW hero talent trees are trash

I’d say I’m disappointed but this is on par with what WWs have been getting since BFA. Looks like the out of touch dev is still employed there.

WELLP, time to start coding new WAs to track all these new bs unfun procs and buff windows Monks are gonna be getting and playing around.

9 Likes

the ww/brew one seems good. but how do the talents work?
when we select a path, do we eventually unlock everything in that talent tree?

1 Like

Yeah, by the time you hit 80 you’ll have unlocked every node. You won’t have every one of the hero talents, because some of the nodes are choices, but you’ll get “everything”.

Monk players love to whine. If you see the conduit tree and are somehow still dissapointed, maybe you should just pick another class since u clearly just dont like Monk or its fantasy

1 Like

Yeah, how could I be disappointed with the classic Monk fantasy of channeling an aoe spell for 4 seconds while being unable to attack.

If there is one thing that Monks have been craving, it’s getting the Mage’s Shifting Power ability.

11 Likes

Yay getting to summon more pets and animals to attack my enemies while standing around and channeling. Wow i have never felt so much like a monk…

Edit: spelling…

11 Likes

The Shado-Pan Tree looks salvageable. The Conduit tree looks miserable.

As a side note, there are some things present on the trees that feel like they belong on our main class tree in lieu of some of the garbage bloat that is there right now. Martial Precision definitely feels like it belongs on the main Monk tree or just on the WW spec tree considering it is something that used to baseline in TP. Niuzao’s Protection straight up belongs on the main monk class tree especially considering it’s just a rebranding of an SL conduit. Protect and Serve feels like it should be a part of Escape from Reality. Lead from the Front feels like it’s missing a zero in it.

These trees definitely should have been made after fixing our current talent trees.

3 Likes

Conduit lost me when I saw rushing jade wind. I got angry when I saw jadefire stomp synergy. If its bis for ww I’m rerolling. Also the last thing ww needs is more procs celestial conduit has four in my counting.

3 Likes

Conduit is full of utility. Shadow-pan is Damage.

Just because you don’t like summoning Celestials doesn’t mean others dont… also Celestials is part of the monk class since the beginning.

Oh and its way early still. We have no idea what kind of rework the talent trees as a whole are getting, what abilities are getting adjusted and its still early which is HUGE.

ITS HUGE that monk is getting stuff NOW and not 3 weeks before release. Lots of time to test, give feedback and see how it works out.

5 Likes

I just hope they buff the celestials then and have them proc a ton per minute.

1 Like

Hate me all you want but I am kinda digging the Ww-MW tree.

Ability that deals damage and heals party over 4 secs. And many other utilities. I like it at some level. Would like to see actual numbers tho, if its any meaningful healing - damage or just “hey, push this and you do 1% of your over-all damage/ healing with this skill”

4 Likes

I agree that it’s huge that we got our stuff now. HOWEVER, Blizz also basically just gave us two HUGE turds (at least from WW’s perspective).

One tree is literally more of what we don’t want, and the other feels like it’s gonna be a clunky mess. All while there are some very odd additions to both trees that feel like they’re there to fill space as well as some questionable design choices. One tree is more salvageable than the other, but what are the odds Blizz puts in the time to get BOTH sorted?

5 Likes

I like the celestial tree, its the best one yet for mistweaver and WW. The 4 second channel can be used when you’re out of energy and need a few seconds to get more. Cmon people use your brains!

1 Like

The celestial tree is made for MW. Evidenced by the fact that it focuses on talents and themes that are very commonly complained about by WW monks. Like RJW, Jadefire stomp and summons. For me it’s dead on arrival with how it currently looks.

I at least cannot think of a single time i have run out of energy this whole expansion.

2 Likes

Yeah, if you’re running out of energy, something is wrong. WW have been flooded with resources this xpac, so you always have something else to press while you’re waiting for more energy, even with next to 0 haste.

I agree with Lyzt, this tree is more for MW. They’re the only ones that like RJW and Jadefire stomp. Summons for WW is ok, but I won’t touch anything that encourages me to get either of those spells, and add even more buttons to my bars.

1 Like

I run out of energy on all the energy based classes trying to achieve my combo as fast as i can with my keybinds.

Nah, they’re not.

There are far worse trees than those.

1 Like

I love the optimism but I’m very jaded with Blizzard here, specifically the balance team. I have no trust that it will be good cross-role and no faith that even if it is good that it stays that way for more than one season cycle (while tier sets get added to make something like RJW attractive and mockingly a single-target ability–to drive engagement through frustration instead of interest through fun).

With WoW, “fair” will always be the antithesis of “fun”.
Power fantasy is the name of the game.

1 Like

That’s literally Fist of Fury.

1 Like

Then you’re playing wrong, no one’s fault but your own.

4 Likes