Bot toxicity

Is this really a hard question?

I farm all my mats on my main but have a bank alt that holds items and gold all the time. He does all my AH work to avoid all the angry people when they get undercut. After a few weeks of selling mats ill send all the profits back to my main. I do this a few different chars and some are even on different accounts

How can Blizzard tell that its me and not some random gold buyer? Id prefer not get banned when I busted my butt farming all those mats because a company decided it wasnt going to address the actual problem and went for a bandaid solution instead. And thats what banning buyers is, a bandaid solution. You hammer the source so hard that it doesnt matter how high the demand is, it wont exist. Blizzard doesnt do that.

On the flip side, maybe Blizzard has a system that CAN tell it’s you and not some random gold buyer and you just don’t know about it.

That’s the point I was trying to make.

They can tell when my alt accounts are me? Gonna doubt that

The point i was making is they need to address the obvious bots 1st. Im not beginning to believe that the company that allows flying bots to exist for months on end somehow has a knowledge on all my accounts and knows they belong to me

Doubt all you want, but you’re still making an assumption. Ultimately you don’t know. None of us do, for that matter. Should we state Blizzard isn’t doing something based on reasons we have assumed, regardless of our ignorance?

Obvious to you doesn’t mean it’s obvious to them. Maybe they know something you don’t. They won’t ever tell you, me, or anyone else how they work because if they did, then cheaters would have a better idea as to how to cheat the system.

Um same to you? Basically your points come to this

A.) They know and have all this information but choose to do nothing and therefor are compliant or incompetent

or

B.) They dont know and are worthless and comes back to my point of theyd be banning people on a guess

Correct, which is why the very next sentence (which you cut out for whatever reason) says “None of us do.” That’s the full context.

Given the context you’ve cut from my quote, I don’t think you know what my points are because you aren’t actually reading them.

About that. So you know mine? Im saying they should address bots first and foremost. You must disagree with that since you are debating me for some reason

That was my first post if you wanted to see that. So if you are against banning bots may i ask why?

Behold: the perfect consumer. Despite actively paying for a service, he defends the company’s lack of QA, moderation, and manpower. While others demand a better product, he is first in line to demonize them for doing so.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re going on about now. I pointed out to the OP that you were making an assumption. I then asked you how you knew about what you were talking about it. You didn’t have an answer for that.

I cannot “debate” you if you don’t know what you’re talking about. There’s nothing there to debate. It’s just you doing guesswork.

First correct thing youve said in this post.

Cant debate it because if you dont hammer the supply theres no point arguing for any other changes

Also stupid to pretend blizzard has all that info. Clearly they dont since they do nothing about the issues. Seen the same 5-6 flying bots for 6 months now. Clearly have no solution

But keep defending their inability to control their pay to play game though

He’s not defending anything. He’s suggesting they do things differently in a manner he believes will benefit everyone in the long run.

Slicy is basically telling him his system wouldn’t work, but her reasons why assume she knows how the system works right now. She doesn’t. That’s where I came in.

Why do you keep quoting me out of context?

Blizzard loves its puppets. How anyone can defend a company that charges monthly for a service that they cant maintain as well as some free to play Pservers is beyond me.

2 Likes

No, the only person acting like an NPC here is you. When challenged on your presumptions, you immediately start on the, “Oh, you’re one of them, aren’t you?!”

You’ve quoted me out of context twice now. You’re clearly not interested in anything I have to say and you’re pretty much disagreeing with the OP based on reasons your imagination conjured up.

When you say something worth while ill address it

No, you’re not going to address it. You’re going to cut it up however you like and then address your cut-up in a different context. That’s what you’ve done twice now.

So far your greatest point is

“yeah but what if they do have all the info!”

To which I say if they have all this information then why dont they do anything with it. Why am I seeing the exact same bots FLYING for months now?

Because they dont have the knowledge. If they want to prove me wrong im ready and willing to watch them take action against these bots

See Post #24

This one? What a great argument! Lets go through your train of thought

“Blizzard does nothing because then the bots would know what not to do!”

Holy crap that is some great logic. They have the info, choose to not use it to keep the bots off guard! If they never ban them then they can never learn!

Flawless

This is very simple: You don’t have all the information Blizzard does.

You don’t know everything. Yet, you want to conclude that because you see something you believe is wrong, that you’re correct.

As an analogy, you’re spying on a friend paying money for illegal substances. You call out, “Hey, stop! Don’t do this.” The criminals bail. You’re happy at first and you start berating your friend. But then, you discover your friend is actually an undercover cop and it was a sting operation the whole time.

You acted in good faith, but on ignorance. People knew things you didn’t know.