Bot toxicity

It’s well established that banning the bots and gold sellers will just be replaced by other bots and sellers. You want to stop this awful practice?

Ban gold buyers.

Blizzard has shown a willingness to aggressively ban those suspected of selling gold. How about banning the Johns instead?

7 Likes

Banning bots is far more simple. Banning gold buyers is hard since you cant tell when someone is just moving gold around or making a ingame deal vs actually buying gold

Just cut the supply off and everything else solves itself. But Blizzard doesnt care enough to solve the issue so were stuck with it

1 Like

Soooo. Your working hypothesis is that Blizzard developed a way for customers to consume their product without paying because they don’t care about the problem?

I pay a monthly sub so there certainly is pay

And my server has been posting pics of bots sitting several thousand meters above ground eagle eyeing BL for months now. Those on top of the already 10+ that are on 24/7 farming

Tell me again that they care about banning these bots. The lie almost worked the first time

6 Likes

I merely pointed out that playing whack-a-mole with bots is a perpetually losing battle because there’s always another bot. I addressed Blizzard’s actions. You chose to address Blizzard’s motivation falling prey to the fallacy of believing lack of evidence is evidence of lack.

Again, stopping every bot is not feasible. Blizzard can do nothing to stop the motivation to sell gold because they can’t hit these bad actors in the wallet where it would count and more bots can always be made. However, Blizzard can remove the motivation to engage in Real Money Transactions by raising the cost to a prohibitive level.

1 Like

If they were actually active on the matter it could have great success. Banning a smnall handful every few months and letting them run rampant in-between solves nothing

They dont care because bots pay subs. They dont care to control the supply end so why would they ever care to control the demand side? So much easier to control the supply side

and again

Catching a bot that takes the exact same paths on a map, or sits in the sky is wasy to spot yet they do nothing. So do you really believe they are taking this problem seriously?

I sure as hell dont

2 Likes

And now the old conspiracy theory trope arrives. What’s next? Godwin’s Law?

So Im taking it from your second dodge attempt you have zero answers?

Its easy to say “do X” as you’ve shown. The hard part is the how.

The only question you have repeatedly asked pertains only to your belief regarding Blizzard’s motivation or lack thereof and my belief of the same. Which of course neither of us can meaningfully comment on as we are not them.

In fact, upon review, from the very beginning you have attempted to deflect this away from punishing individuals who buy gold to make it all about your dissatisfaction with Blizzard.

1 Like

Here ill make it simple

How do you ban gold buyers? How would the almighty Takada find them?

To quote All the President’s Men “follow the money.”

1 Like

Not an answer. How do you find who are buying gold without banning innocent sub paying players who are just moving things around

Bots are still the easier answer. Theyre in the open and in your face. Your answer so far has innocent players getting banned

Always go for the supply

Just moving things around does not entail moving money from an account an individual does not own to an account an individual does own. As no one ever bought gold from themselves you could easily exclude transfers between characters on the same account and between accounts owned by the same person.

Also, we haven’t even discussed enforcement yet. You are just dead set on making this conversation about anything other than banning individuals guilty of real money transactions.

1 Like

People have multiple accounts. Its not even uncommon anymore to have multiple accounts

Is that how it works?

Seems that even as you’re asking how he would solve the issue, you’re making up problems that aren’t even real. How exactly are these “innocent sub paying players” just moving things around?

Are you saying a large sum of money comes in the mail and the innocent sub player says, “Hmm, I’m an ignorant sob. I better just forward this to whomever…”

?

Because players move gold around all the time. Especially in GDKP runs where some GDKP raid leaders were getting instant banned, because the gold trading amounts were pegging the automated banning system. They later have to appeal to get unbanned, but in the end, was an innocent paying sub simply trying to run a GDKP run.

And this is why your posts get flagged by the community. You say some of the most low IQ things I’ve ever seen. Borderline derogatory to others.

And when I say something about it, you hop on your other accounts to flag my replies in order to hide them, because I’m right on the money.

2 Likes

Plus, Slicy’s fears are already realized anyway. The current reporting system lends itself to people making erroneous reports anyway. Are people flooding the forums saying, “Innocent people are being reported as bots! Stop this! Think of the children!”

No. They’re not.

This is what confuses me about people who go to this extreme when folks are asking for something better than what we currently have.

Yes, the auto flag is a problem. But it’s also easy enough to show in logs that no RMT was involved in GDKP runs.

I’m not going to propose a system in which the innocent are completely absolved of all responsibility and bear no hardships because no such system can exist.

If more aggressive attempts to ban RMT buyers result in increased actions on uninvolved accounts also reduced bot activity by significant amounts that is a trade off I would be willing to make.

until said problem happens to you.

2 Likes

But my point was that it isn’t “until.”

To be clear: People already get false flagged with the current system of reporting. Takada wants an improved system of bot reporting. His improved system won’t stop people from abusing the system. But people are already abusing the system as it is.

Taking this into account, it’s not realistic to address Takada’s system as if it will introduce problems that are already there anyway.