Bot activity spike

So I’ve seen a lot more bots leveling open world.

Decided to do a /rogue blackrock and /hunter dire.

21 rogues and 19 hunters. A few days ago the numbers were half that? This is on Stalagg Horde too btw.

2 Likes

I’m just trying to pick up a little walking around money before TBC drops.

3 Likes

Your premise is that every hunter in DM and every rogue in Blackrock is a bot based on, what, your gut feeling? While we are at it, what is your data set? How many days did you do this /who at the same time? Did you do it at multiple points of each day? Sorry, but your sampling method leaves a lot to be desired.

For example. I wanted to get an idea of what my retail servers average population was. I did /who by level ranges in the morning, between 12 and 2 PM, and again at 9 server time. I did this on both realms that are tied together for a 30 day period. At that point, i could honestly look at my spreadsheet and deduce 2 things. First, my connected realms were losing active players on a daily basis. Second, I apparently need a hobby because that was a lot of time for a relatively meaningless bit of data.

3 Likes

Did I say they were all bots? Point that out please. It’s a large number that’s assumingly a majority of bots. Care to wage against that?

3 Likes

This, tied with your title either means that you are tying this together as proof of a bot spike OR you are just making things up and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Take your pick.

2 Likes

I am. You’re good at reading.

Buck up butter cup. I bet the numbers keep going up.

I whispered the 22 rogues now and only 3 responded back. I asked “you botting?”

When is next sky net?

You really think any Rogue is going to answer your ridiculous question, while you’re assuming that your “analysis” is solid enough information to perceive the population of bots?

News flash, it’s a popular spot for players to farm for their own needs! Being GDKP is so popular in runs, is little doubt that regular players are also farming.

While this does not at all disprove that bots do not exist in popular farming locations, one would have to be ridiculously stupid to think regular players do not farm these locations too :poop:

1 Like

How many said “beep boop”?

4 Likes

Bots have replaced human labor in efficiency. I know when I’m not needed, so I went and found another task where bots can’t replace me yet.

Well I don’t know what you guys where fighting over

BUT

Last night I am working on my UI (ElvUI layout addon) I created a fresh nelf on Pagle. I was sitting in the spot you spawn into the game while alt tabbed tweaking things in VScode.

I return to the game window to do reload then try the changes and in pops a toon that instantly went PVP and about 2 seconds after 5 more toons did the same.

They bunched up and then the five followed the first one up to the arch that leads out of the leveling zone. They then start doing what looks like making bandages or mounting animation. . I was like wtf. . Then. . they all die and release.

I recorded it but have not checked the footage yet. I might edit it later after work and post it.

This did not happen one time mind you. I lost count after about five times. Mind you I was codding and not always watching. But geez!!

Oh, from what I could tell the five where all warriors.

And I did report the lead toon. It all happened too quick to get the followers.

What does this mean? We are getting an influx of bots and prices are probably going to be more of a mess on the AH as we get closer to prepatch.

1 Like

They’re expanding the PvP pool so more people can get rank 14 each week. Blizz will do nothing about it.

Yep, that sure sounds like #nochanges crowd to me. ROFL

wut

If this is the case, then I am sure many of the hard core nochange crowd will be right in the middle of engaging.

Essentially cheapening even further the statement that they wanted things exactly the way things were in vanilla. All the while being completely incapable of keeping things the same themselves and jumping to meta’s and memes.

Now, if I am reading your suggestion for the rank 14 think wrong, please let me know.

This was very much activity which occurred regularly in Vanilla WoW.

The change was Blizz announcing they were no longer going to count toons that had been deleted in next week’s honor pool. Until enough people screamed at them that they backed away from that anti-player policy.

The Classic PvP ranking system has always been broken, I applaud anyone trying to make it just a little better for themselves and their fellow players, which these pool parties do.

Yea, sorry. I will pass. Botting is botting is botting and they are braking rules by using external software.

So, no applause from me.

But thanks for the explanation.

And I know I am square.

They aren’t botting.

Not understanding multiboxing does NOT make you morally superior.

You know me better than that.

These are botting. Not mboxing which is fine by me. I have mboxed in the past and know it’s even more difficult with the new rules, so I don’t bother.

The HQ has not finished rendering on Youtubes side.

Notice the pathing. Same path, every single time. These are bots.

1 Like

Press X for doubt.

Not that you shouldn’t report them, it’s just that I don’t believe they were botting.

Looks like they’re using Follow Me.