Bornakk, still here?

Goat cm did not do a good job look at wow outrage it’s at the highest

I disagree, it has a much higher impact on the game than you feel it does.

I don’t think I will ever find a common ground with you, Nobully.

It is not unreasonable to want more of an exchange between OCE players and the CM’s on OCE GD.
1 post every 2+ years is not acceptable
Noone maintaining redirection of posts to the correct area, ie Move to TS or Bug report. No one locking necro’d threads or inappropriate threads is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Just for comparison’s sake.

Number of posts these CM’s have made since the new forums roll-out:

Bornakk - 106 posts
Ythisens - 224
Lore - 29

Why lay off the most active and most engaging CM while Lore, the most do-nothing CM is still around? His Q&A segments bringing in that much YouTube ad revenue?

its bugged for everyone with trust level 4, but google will show you his avatar.

I’m glad you made the cut, buddy. Stay strong!

1 Like

You do realize that the CMs likely do more than just post on these forums right? Do you know for a fact Lore doesn’t have other responsibilities that don’t include managing a forum? Lore could be more busy than the others preventing him from posting.

Until you know how their departments/teams work, please stop making assumptions on things you have 0 clue about.

Yes.

Given his obvious involvement in the lulzy Q&As, its obvious he has responsibilities other than forum interaction.

And others could be busier than Lore and still managing to interact and engage with the community more often.

My point is this, the effort Yth displayed in his attempts to engage with the community is noticeably higher than the CM more known for a Twitter scandal and poorly put together “Q&As” than his attempts to engage with the community. Blizzard chose the wrong CM to be let go.

To back up powerbottom here a bit… & to take it a bit further…

Sure, they probably have other responsibilities, but…

Yth had about 14,000 post read on his profile.
Bornyakk as about 8k read

The player requirement for trust level 3 is 20k posts read in 100 days.

The most active CMs have read less posts than that over the 5 months the forums have been active.

It may not be their full time job - but they are not even meeting the same “posts read” requirement players are expected to meet.

If even part of their job is to bring player feedback to the dev team, are we as players able to trust that is being done when they they viewing less posts than most trust level 2 players?

Honestly, Blizz is at Trust Level 1 with me at the moment. Would love to see more communication to get them back up.

4 Likes

It really does still seem like you need to pay attention to some of the Class Forums. Both BM and MM are hurting.

1 Like

And a few others.

1 Like

That was almost two months ago and you still won’t touch the differences in factional engagement we see in M+, Raiding, and PvP, so you’re not off to a great start.

1 Like

ultimately you and the rest of the community are the ones who will judge just how much we are communicating

In some areas…not at all.

1 Like

Lets be real…

Cutting CS positions and CM staff will only result in less communication, not more. You guys are just about to push the communication memes to the next level.

edit: Bah, quote went to the wrong poster, sorry Ollin.

1 Like

Oh please.

Are you aware that every time a topic came up in CS about “why can’t AU have their own servers”, people would parrot the same old “because Telstra wanted to charge too much”, that i was the one who time and time again, pointed out that the telecommunications industry was no longer privatised… until … oh look, now there are AU servers.

I find it interesting that with all your stalking, you chose to ignore that information.

I’m part of the oceanic community, i play on oceanic servers.

Stop inventing reasons to get snarky with me.

and that is how the forum works.

99% of threads/concerns/suggestions outside of support areas, DO NOT GET RESPONDED TO.

you’re not entitled to updates or communication.

the entire rest of the playerbase seems to understand this, and they’re not chucking tantrums and derailing threads just to get their issues seen.

flag the posts if they need attention.
every other section of the forum works the same.

99% of threads/concerns/suggestions outside of support areas, DO NOT GET RESPONDED TO.

Well, in some cases, maybe its about time THEY DID respond a little more often.

More communication is better than none at all…wouldnt you say?

And as for “instant gratification…” I dont happen to think that expecting a Community Manager for a specific community (OCE) to maintain more of a presence than one post every two years is such a big ask.

Do you?

Whether you agree or not, IMO the OCE community has been neglected, and all I would like to ask is that issues we have raised be at least acknowledged and discussed.

i play on oceanic servers.

Blackrock isnt OCE.

1 Like

In any case its moot.

I dont expect anything to change.

I actually expect the communication to get worse.

3 Likes

you know it’s possible to create characters on more than one server… right?
here’s a few of my oceanic ones.

Considering how bad it was beforehand, I doubt it will improve.

exactly…