Boring Rotation

Does this class get more entertaining? I feel like I hit the same two buttons over and over and then every 20 seconds turn into a demon and use the same two buttons to hit a lot harder.

Leveling is a drag with my DH. Gliding around is fun tho…

1 Like

It really doesn’t get any more fun. We’re easily the best class for any kind of farming or solo content. The class is insanely strong but it doesn’t feel very rewarding because of how brain dead it is. From my experience they outshine all the other classes but they just aren’t engaging.

3 Likes

Fun is subjective, and there are a few playstyles involved if one doesn’t suit your tastes.

Talents that being Dance into your ST rotation can help, and is also recommended.

While DH isn’t as complex, can still be incredibly fun.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot. I keep trying to get my guy to 120, but man I get bored with him. I play several alts and I can say several specs have pretty simple rotations, but for some reason something feels unrewarding about the DH one…

Can definitely appreciate that. Especially when fun is subjective, and DH output is based on so many cuts in quick succession, when one may enjoy big meaty chunks.

It all ok if it isn’t your thing :hugs:

It gets better when you start actually using your utility.

Single stun
Aoe stun
Incapacitate
Interrupt
Dispel
Double dash
Backflip disengage

Without those it would be pretty stale. Immolate aura, build fury, spend fury, blade dance, eye beam.

2 Likes

As has been pointed out in this thread, fun is definitely subjective. If the class is not speaking to you now, not much will change.

I personally love the frenetic playstyle. Standing in one place, and hitting buttons doesn’t do it for me. Which is why I find my paladin, particularly ret, quite dull. Love leaping around the battlefield on my DH though. Get a sort of rush every time I see a Felblade* proc, hit Vengeful Retreat then Felblade back in, resume rotation etc.

*Yeah, I know it’s not optimal, but I am not running high end content :stuck_out_tongue: Besides, it feels so damn good.

2 Likes

Honestly, its hard to play a class that doesnt douple-jump-glide nowadays

3 Likes

Not to mention our movement speed. After you play DHs, you hardly ever want to get back to any other classes or make any alts since they are all too slow compared to DH :rofl:

2 Likes

just curious what 2 buttons r u hitting?

if ur only using 2 buttons im willing to bet you are not maximizing damage output.

1 Like

seriously. weve got 3 buttons!

1 Like

I mean, sure, before talents. And if you take the absolute most simplifying talents possible. But none of the dominant builds have less than 5 rotational buttons.

The rotation isn’t as rewarding as some other classes I’ve played. Between how rewarding/strong/fast the class feels and the interrupt power it has, I really enjoy it.