Boosting is out of control

WoW’s community doesn’t exist on that scale. It can’t anymore since Blizzard decided to sacrifice everything that built communities for the sake of convenience.

I wish blizz would just rename the game to Lobby of Instancecraft and be done with it.

Show me a quote where I said any of this without taking anything out of context and without cherry-picking a sentence. Stop lying.

If you’re insinuating I was suspended for something then you’d be wrong. Normal and well-adjusted people are allowed to do stuff with their lives other than sit on a forum. Not everyone sits here like you do racking up thousands of posts on numerous forum characters.

Literally anything below the absolute highest levels of play is basically that. And people wonder why communities only really exist at a level of play where pugging becomes sub-optimal if not outright impossible.

Communities are built by need, and that need doesn’t exist when everyone is replaceable and people are surprised pikachu when others consider THEM replacable.

Boom mic drop, you just sent Bottom to the shadow realm :popcorn:

Love it how people try to call others out when they have no idea what they’re talking about to be publicly embarassed by source.

So you didn’t follow the conversation correctly. We’re talking about spam. Even if you spam trade chat with “aol” chat, you will get suspended.

Which Blizzard confirms in your quoted post:

Please read more carefully before you interject into conversations with strawmans again. :man_facepalming:

I’m not embarrassed (two Rs btw, not one) by someone strawmanning me. It happens all the time on these forums. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah you shouldn’t ever use the word gatekeeping till you learn what it actually is.

I’m not gatekeeping you because I don’t want to carry you in an 18 and the best you have done is a 10

3 Likes

Thankfully the ToS governs what is and not what some players think “shouldn’t be allowed”. In the meantime, I’ll just keep making my gold! :slight_smile:

Anyone who uses this word is almost surely guaranteed to do almost no endgame content beyond world quests. This word is used as an excuse. Players would rather use this excuse and somehow blame the rest of the population for them doing no content instead of blaming themselves.

Incorrect actually. I just don’t have time to deal with Blizzard’s bs clown systems at all. I am not asking for any handouts, but the community does nothing to help anyone when it does come to Blizzard’s bs. Looking up guides/videos. :sleeping: is not worth my time at all and doesn’t actually help anything at all. It isn’t an excuse, the community is absolutely hellbent on gatekeeping, but it’s okay WoW can die a miserable death if you guys want it to go out in such a way!

Lol… It’s not that widespread. Maybe 1-5% of players risk doing that stuff. The reality is just that the game doesn’t have as many people playing that are interested in some types of content right now.

I don’t want or ever asked for a carry, the simple thing to do is offer help but none of you know how to do that, at all. It’s okay though, you guys do seem to want WoW to have a niche sub 100k player base where only those people get to enjoy the game. The ridiculous part is that Blizzard will cater to this idea and continue to foster such horrifically bad mindsets that keep 99% of the entire player base from playing their game or even considering it.

Just as long as you keep that sub active, bud.

Oh, so it’s not the fault of the community, you just don’t like the “systems”.

Okay, then do the content without looking up anything.

Oh, nevermind. It is the communities fault again.

Start your own groups and make sure everyone knows it’s a learning group, join a guild and ask them if you can go do alt runs with them to learn. People are a lot more helpful than you pretend that they are. If you expect some stranger from the group finder to carry you for free then you’re crazy.

I stand by my words, anyone who uses the term gatekeep does so in such a manner that it’s an excuse as to why they do no content, they’d rather blame everyone else other than themselves. Literally nobody can gatekeep you from any content in this game, you gatekeep yourself.

It is gatekeeping and always will be. It isn’t even up for debate.

And you’re the gatekeeper. It’s your fault you only do world quests, nobody elses. Everyone is allowed access to the same content.

Um… didn’t you know that Blizzard took care of this problem by outlawing boosting communities? Oh that’s right… it’s easy to get around that.

My friend, it is what it is. Their own president participates in boosting, so they are not going to ban it completely.

1 Like

Nope, the community is the gatekeeper. It is not my fault if I do not have any time to manage Blizzard’s absolute bs systems and don’t even want to bother with it. Everyone in this game will tell you to go be optimal or don’t even bother playing the game. Choose this or that, or get declined to every single group.

Strange, I didn’t know you could reject yourself from your own key :thinking:

You got the free version of WoW?

If this is your answer to this and not “Blizz should just not make headache systems and maybe consider that people don’t have time for so much bs anymore” then there is absolutely no reasoning with you or the psychos who won’t help make the game better.

I don’t have the time to bother, it’s not my problem. But I should not be gatekept and punished for it just because Blizzard makes bad systems and then fosters an extremely negative and unwelcoming community for 17 years after the fact.

If you need to research so much and change your builds and talents and covenants and soulbinds for almost every form of content, then there is an inherent design flaw with the game that is affecting way more people than I think you or anyone in the thread seems to realize, but you don’t care cause you got the time :crazy_face:

I can predict the next statement it will be: Then WoW is not for you anymore go play a different game. Which is the worst take in the entire universe but I’ve heard it before, can’t reason with the unreasonable.

How? Make your own groups… Lead your own raids… Seriously, quit parroting “gatekeeping” “gatekeeping” “gatekeeping” blah blah blah… It’s simply not true.

What you’re calling gatekeeping is probably you being undergeared/inexperienced, trying to apply to heroic one shot pugs or +15s and getting rejected. This is due to you not being willing to grind up a bit and prove your worth to others. The alternative to that is to MAKE YOUR OWN GROUPS…

The reality is that you’re gatekeeping yourself by refusing to follow the simple expectations of an MMO: Prove that you you’re able to perform and that you aren’t a carry. That isn’t gatekeeping, it’s an expectation that’s always been around.