Boosting is out of control

Do you wonder why you can’t find people to do the stuff you want to do? Boosting. They already paid to skip it :cry:

47 Likes

I agree. Keep reporting anyone advertising boosting.

22 Likes

People who refuse to find a guild and only pug aren’t going to have as many opportunities. There’s also way too many DPS and not enough healers or tanks.

Boosting has nothing to do with it.

Join a guild that actually does content.

4 Likes

Boosting is allowed so legitimate advertisements are allowable.

8 Likes

Yeah…“legitimate” advertisements. Sure, Jan.

They all get reported.

13 Likes

People boost because they can’t commit to guild runs and pugging in this game is absolute garbage

21 Likes

Working as intended for token sales even if it destroys the lfg experience in the process.

13 Likes

Boosting is the new version of guild hopping for BC.

Join a guild get attuned, get 2 or 3 pieces of gear and hop to the next one.

3 Likes

Of course people do this. Thankfully, Blizzard itself is intelligent enough to simply toss out all the false reports so that it is the reporters who are literally wasting their own time.

thats what wow is world of boostcraft,

8 Likes

Even still, there’s plenty of opportunities. The OP has a clear bias against boosting for whatever reason and is making up false narratives to confirm that bias.

1 Like

Honestly a website with subsites for various realms for people to advertise their boost groups, if it caught on, could reduce spam in game maybe.

3 Likes

I’d love that. Looking to find a decent guild on a realm that actually has people on it so I can send them 5mil for portals.

When I report a booster, it’s typically not for adverting a boost itself, but rather because they’re spamming it every 2 seconds in general (and trade usually).

5 Likes

TBC classic has PvP boosting as well, and for PvE you just buy gold then buy items in GDKP runs.

It’s players not game design.

3 Likes

That’s kinda what I am saying, but game design could deter it

4 Likes

I have the skills to make a thing but hosting can be super expensive if it becomes too popular. I’m not sure what to do about that.

1 Like

Given I doubt it’s 2 seconds, I’m curious what your expectations for advertisement in chat are.

I’ve seen someone advertising an RP Event once every 10 minutes and people were moaning about it, but that seems more than generous enough to not be considered spam IMO.

2 Likes

I mean back to back literal spam of the same message, like there’s ten of them stacked on top of each other forming a literal wall of the same text…

Same with some of the guild ads, especially the LONG guild ads.

If they’re paying to skip it you probably don’t want them in the content anyway.

2 Likes