Boosting is literally Pay to win

The argument being made is 58s having an advantage, when they don’t. The biggest players with the most advantages is those of us who played in Classic prior to BC’s release and already have a plethora of 60s to take into Outlands.

You’re talking with somebody who started late in Classic. The only thing people who started right at launch have over me is time. I put in way more work and effort than those who had the time over me. I’m sorry, but only using the portion scope of honing in on New Players coming into BC and claiming the Level 58 Boost is an advantage over them is dishonest. The larger scope here is those of us who played in Classic have the bigger advantages here, over anybody coming into the BC game, including those that are going to use the level 58 Boost Feature.

Ziryus is correct, when the Level 58 Boost Feature is a “catch up” mechanic, to at least have a chance in Outlands with the rest of the people.

1 Like

It’s because they are inarticulate. To explain the problem, imagine if every time you pulled an old game off the shelf it changed. People want to preserve a certain experience. And by monetizing it you effectively create scarcity for that experience.

Haha all pay2win is terrible.

I can’t even begin to imagine what mental state you’d have to be in to think otherwise.

1 Like

The attitude from these people is so odd isn’t it.

They’ll admit the boost is an advantage in one sentence, but then vehemently deny that it’s pay2win in the next.

IMO I think it’s just because they think admitting it’s pay2win somehow tarnishes the game that they love so much.

I mean, they’re right, the game is definitely tarnished by this bullcrap.

2 Likes

u mad bro?

So your issue is your afraid it will kill the 1-58 leveling experience?

You realize that people who want to level to 58 will do so regardless of the boost. Also players got together and made their own "launch event " for leveling. They had over 3000 players partake in it.

You want to level 1-58 for tbc, start planning an event now, use forums, discord, exc. Chose a realm to do it on, and have fun. There will be plenty of BE and space goats leveling, I’m sure you can turn it into an event if you get the word out.

Boosts don’t kill the leveling experience, players do that by individual choices made.

What does a lvl 58 boost “win” for you?

Did that money make you harder to kill for other players who are at your level? Did it make you do X% more damage or healing? Did it give you more hp? And don’t say 58 is stronger than level one. This equation is for the average of every players main, which is level 60.

So what advantage does the 58 boost give you over the raid geared lvl 60?

1 Like

I keep asking the same thing.

My 60 Mage has way more advantages than any Level 58 Boosted Character can even dream of. I’m 2 levels ahead, with Professions ready to work in Outlands, a faster Ground Mount, etc.

1 Like

Again it seems like the definitions are really tripping people up here.

“Paytowin” used to mean paying for any ingame advantage with real world money. This definition has apparently changed to something else that people in this thread just can’t agree upon.

This discussion would be much more productive if we had concrete definitions.

We all know paying for a lvl 58 boost is paying for an ingame time advantage. It’s really hard to argue otherwise. But people can overcome this advantage through normal gameplay eventually. It just takes somewhere in the hundreds of hours range and really depends on what each player spends there time focussing on.

What do we win by being 58? In this case, I think the winning happens at 70.

I agree with this. But I will say that as someone who partook in the reroll experience on the discord event and fresh servers… those are two vastly different experiences.

Yes, it’s really easy to surpass such an “advantage”. Not too many think nor consider the fact that somebody can pay for a Level 58 Boost and stop playing said character. While somebody who started at Level 1 can surpass that said 58 Boosted character. Either way, it’s still a “catch up” mechanic, so new players won’t be as far behind, in the Outlands game.

I agree that they’re different experiences which is precisely why Blizz is offering such a service, so those who didn’t participate in Classic will be able to jump straight into Outlands with everyone else.

I know when I think of winning in WOW all I think about is dinging level 58. That’s true winning in this game.

/s

1 Like

LOL So, my Warrior is 57, right now in Classic. One more level, and she wins the game? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Obviously.

Since boosting to level 58 is paying to win obviously hitting level 58 means you won the game.

/S

2 Likes

There must be a glitch in the system, then because I have two Characters that has surpassed this Level 58 requirement. Unless, it’s just bonus “flare” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We can consider that new game+.

I don’t ever ask how many level 60s people have I asked the real questions like how many level 58 do you have?

I’m sitting on a whole character selection screen of 58s, who’s out here winning like me?

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

You are the BIG wiener!

:laughing:

1 Like

No it didn’t P2W was coined to refer to things that could only be gotten by paying, a practice very common in F2P games.