Boosting is literally Pay to win

P2W requires it to be something that can’t be gotten in game with a reasonable amount of effort.

Hence why it’s so prevalent in theoretically F2P games. A 58 boost hardly qualifies, the closest thing on the store would be tokens. Now let’s say exp was capped at 1k a day but you could pay for more exp gain per day, that would be P2W as you would never be able to get to higher levels without paying.

What are you winning be getting to two levels below max level, with terrible gear, no gold and no professions.

This is the first time I’m hearing this, now. Most of the time, it gets explained to me as “winning” or an “advantage”.

In this case, I’ll agree it’s paying for an in-game “power boost”, but I hardly call it “winning” or an “advantage”. Context is important.

That’s an entirely different conversation, altogether. One where you won’t like my answer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That’s a Slippery Slope.

I’m against the 58 Boost Feature for my own reasons. I’m just here to disagree with the notion that it’s “P2W” because IMO, I don’t believe that it is. Now, I’m against the feature because it wasn’t really there in BC, and what Erathar said prior about having something that you didn’t really earn, and I agree with that. But, do I find that to be a “win” or “advantage”? No.

Why is it OK for blizzard to monetize the game however they want?

The same reason I gave, to make money. They have families to feed, too. They have to support themselves, too. I will state, however they still have to cater to what a lot of people want, though. They can’t make money by providing stuff that nobody wants.

Its hilarious that people actually think that boosting is pay to win. The train of thought (or lack of) that some people have is nothing short of mindblowing.

2 Likes

Why is it OK for blizzard to make money off of THEIR game?

Well one, they own it, two we pay for access to it, three they own it, and four, they own it.

Your now trying to tell blizzard what they can and can’t do with THEIR product… entitled much?

If you disagree with the direction it goes, quit playing/paying for it. That what I did in legion when they finally removed the hunter class (design wise it was not the same at all). And I am back now because they are selling a product I want, classic/ctbc if you don’t want the product, stop paying for it.

If blizzard wanted they could change the monthly subscription to $1000 per month, they have the right to do that, it would just make 99% of their players quit. But it’s blizzards product and they have the right to do what they want with it.

Why are you so pro-censorship? Do you think people sharing their opinions about the state of the game is entitled? It’s literally what you’re doing by responding to my comment.

oh god my bad I didn’t realize 58 was endgame

You can declare you don’t like something, you can declare you think they should do something different, but that’s not how most of the anti boost people in this thread are coming off as. They are coming off as entitled brats because of how they are presenting their “arguments”, example the insults and name calling with 0 factual evidence given by many of them.

I mean… idk how you define pay to win but at its most basic level I think anyone would agree that pay to win involves making a financial transaction to obtain an advantage. Two new players begin playing, one decides to boost to 58, the other cannot afford the boost. Did the player who is now 58 not just use his financial situation to advantage himself over the other? He saved himself a lot of time and effort that the less privileged player must now put forward. Please explain.

1 Like

Yes the boosted person saved time. How is this some insurmountable advantage?

If your argument is that 1-58 is so boring that the person forced to do it is suffering that’s not a compelling argument.

Lol, cant remember the last time food in my country costed 200 million.

1 Like

The CEO isn’t the only person that works for/at/is the company. A lot of the workers aren’t millionaires.

oh, sorry I forgot that workers were the ones deciding to monetize the game.

1 Like

I mean they are, they are explicitly making a product made to be sold.

The head honchos have to pay the lower tier workers, too.

If those anti-boosters argument is that the person who boosts is hacking through time, then those who have time are cheating against those that have no much time to play?

Ahh, blizzard must be planning to increase their employees salaries then? that’s why they need more money.
I get it now.

Wait.

Did not blizzard fired a bunch of them recently?

1 Like

Could be possible.

I believe a lot of the individuals fired were from a department that didn’t have a lot of support behind it i.e. the e-sport division or w/e. I could be wrong, though.