Boosting is literally Pay to win

what? that was my first post on this thread, what posts did i move? I just put the goalpost up!

It’s paying for a high powered class that you didn’t work hard to earn. And no your day job doesn’t qualify you as having earned it.

1 Like

Implying all p2w is equally horrendous

It’s not

1 Like

This is it to a T. Maybe it’s not “so” bad but that doesn’t mean it should be in the game.

1 Like

Fair and I’d be fine if it wasn’t in the game.

But nonetheless it looks like it is going to be in the game and I’ll probably buy one. And since it looks like there’s enough people willing to buy it, I don’t think Blizz is going to change their minds. No harm in trying, but it may be time to vote with your wallet.

stealing someone’s car is fine because they didn’t murder somebody

Well you don’t spend the same amount of time in jail if you stole a car than if you killed somebody.

Also relax man this is about pixels, why such extreme analogies?

I too equate playing a video game with over the top illegal acts such as taking someone’s life.

That’s the genius of pay to win isn’t it. Once available the people opposed to it can never be enough of a force for it to be financially beneficial to remove it. So me voting with my wallet accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Well like I said, keep trying to appeal to Blizzard, I just don’t think it will be enough to change their minds, but there’s no harm in trying.

I personally won’t fight to get rid of it because I’d like to use it and I know my friends will use it. If people in game think less of me for it then so be it.

but you’re still in jail lol.
i just picked crimes to make the analogy, it’s just an analogy.

But my point still stands it’s not equally horrendous because a car does not equate to a life.

And it was a very bad analogy.

This is more like someone buying a used car of the same model you bought new years ago. Then you complaining they didn’t drive it “properly” because someone else put the first 50k miles on it.

When the analogy is completely disconnected from what’s being compared it just makes you look a dingus.

You’re using an “analogy” to compare level boosters with car thieves and murderers.

right i get that, but my point is that it’s still bad and not an acceptable action.

That’s still not “winning” nor having some form of an “advantage”, however. I do agree with this assessment in paying for gaining something that you didn’t actually earn. That’s my problem with the Level 58 Boost Feature. In no way do I think it’s “winning” nor has any “advantages”, however. That’s a completely separate topic, entirely.

Well, working hard for the money I have DOES mean I EARN to spend at my leisure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It depends on what the p2w is. In this case, imo, it’s not unacceptable. But I suppose that’s what this entire discussion is about.

There’s egregious p2w like being able to buy the best gear with real money, then there’s p2w like this that merely just saves you some time so you can play your preferred content. Again, I think with the limitations put in place, it’s hardly worth the fuss.

“Here is an example:
Graceful : Clumsy :: Hot : ____”

I think in the context of TBC When most people will be walking into Outlands with geared 60’s the day it opens the boost is not an issue as it’s purely a catch up mechanic.

Thinking that it’s meant to get people an edge over levels 1’s is an incorrect way to think about it. It’s a bare minimum catch up to allow them to get to Outlands.

1 Like

right, and in my case, i don’t want any at all.
thank you for calmly discussing though unlike pretty much every other pro booster I’ve had the displeasure of talking to.