Boosting Group Scam

At this point. Just sell the gear directly on the store for cash and go F2P. Games pay to win anyway.

Goonswarm is now in WoW? damn.

1 Like

Wowgoons website and guild been up since beta. We’re Elitist Jerks spawned from. They on Mal’ganis mostly.

1 Like

hmmm
 but horde :frowning:

Buyer beware.

I just as assume everyone’s a scammer that way I never get scammed

This. I was scammed when buying a mythic Sylv mount and had the chat logs to prove it. Blizz did nothing to return my gold and did not communicate if anything happened to the scammer. IMO, if they are going to allow this type of activity, they need to regulate it better and implement certain requirements from sellers

4 Likes

If it’s to good to be true, it usually is.
A fool and their gold are soon parted. Play the game and earn it.

the op doesnt deserve to be scammed but paid services isnt supported and imo should be against tos is all forms. I think the op is just trying to tell others do not buy boosts or you lose your gold

sounds like an easy way for scammers to print infinite gold

Deserved.

I stopped right there. If you’re paying others to carry you then I have no sympathy that you got scammed. Sorry. LTP the game.

1 Like

Boosting will ever exist but maybe it could be reduced if the game was developed properly, there’s booting due to time, skill but also there’s players boosting Mythic because Normal and Heroic are flex mode while Mythic being only 20M, There’s stats about Raid participation and Mythic is really low compared to Heroic, I wonder what the numbers could be if all those guilds that completed heroic could engage Mythic with flex groups.

Mythic is sold mostly for the mount, even if we had flex mythic I doubt the amount of full clears would increase by much, we would see a lot of more middle of the pack guilds thought.

Always check the seller guild and make sure they are part of the group, talk to the officer and ask them if is legit or not.

It won’t make any difference. Ask anyone in the CS forum (the blues included), they will all tell you the same thing: Such transactions are “unsupported” and therefore nothing will be done about it.

Now rumor has it that Blizz has done stuff about it in the past. Some people have even claimed that Blizz returned their gold. But they’re all unverified reports that go against official policy.

Some may argue that with the introduction of the trade services channel, that Blizz has changed official policy on getting involved with scam boosts. But let’s be honest with ourselves here. The only reason why that channel exists is to make it easier for GMs to ban people who advertise such services in regular trade chat. A GM no longer needs to figure out whether a boost is for gold or RMT. All they need to see is your ad in /2 and they can immediately ban you and move onto the next ticket. This combined with the fact that the services channel is opt-in, means there’s likely to be less complaints made since the vast majority of players will never see the services channel to begin with, thus reducing their ticket load.

A last note, official policy is that Blizz will never take into account any evidence submitted by a player in relation to a ticket. Blizz will only use their own internal logs to verify. The only department that accepts such submissions is the hacks email account.

Oh well. Guess Blizzard shouldn’t encourage this type of service.

Like I said: they’re sending people mixed messages.

2 Likes

I don’t like them speaking from both sides of the mouth. On the one hand, they offer tokens knowing that people use them to buy their carries, but on the other they claim plausible deniability through unsupported transactions.

They need to support the token buyers. Until they do, my suggestion, don’t buy carries. Also, don’t buy tokens either.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you ever buy boosts, get it from BDGG or Limit.

You’ll have to wait like a month or so for sylv mount.

1 Like

Scam and kicks? You got some bad luck.

File a ticket instead of posting here, which is useless since we can’t name people here.

And that’s where you went wrong. Why do you need to be in discord for a carry? You’re just going to be standing there watching or dead during the run.

I’m assuming all the conversations about price were discussed in discord, which is why blizzard can’t or won’t do anything, no evidence on their logs.

The lesson here, don’t buy a carry unless someone you know bought one successfully from the group.

1 Like