Boosting communities still operational

People do use it for more than that and since I am actually on your server, I would know that. You Bozo Klumus bozo clown.

says the guy hiding behind a level 41 monk.

This is my bank character. Do a dance for me clown. DO A DANCE!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We do see often some posts from level 1 chickens in the chat, I do report and I never see them again (and I get a confirmation message that action has been taken).

On Mal’Ganis I can see only few guilds selling boosts /carry on SoFO and some rio+ players selling direclty M+ carry.

Other than that… in game they are dead.

Of course, it doesn’t mean that their active discord is dead. They can still do that and use local guilds as escrows just like OP said.

I think blizzard isn’t going to act on them because you can’t actually report them easily just like we can with the lowbie characters that also serve as escrows.

Well as communities are a built in feature of the game I’m telling you they didn’t and escrow is also not against tos. Again if you bothered to read the blue post the only thing they said was no more advertising. Devils in the details

From: Policy Update for Organized In-Game Services -- January 2022

“As the conditions change by which various entities operate in World of Warcraft, we are compelled to update our policies to further our goal of making the gameplay experience as fair and welcoming as possible. Since we last updated our policies, we have found that an increasing disturbance of the gameplay experience has been caused by organizations excessively advertising various non-traditional services in-game.

As of today, we will now prohibit organizations who offer boosting, matchmaking, escrow, or other non-traditional services, including those offered for gold. World of Warcraft accounts found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the disruptive World of Warcraft account(s). Organizations operating across multiple realms and excessively advertising non-traditional in-game sales are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

We urge all such organizations to cease doing business in World of Warcraft immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to the game.”

Now Cítywók, can please repeat to the rest of the class what is said in the second paragraph, first sentence?

See dozens of listings every day in LFG, with the same headers usually. And the small text sends you to their website so you can get your payment to them. It’s literally against the rules they made but the same people are doing it every day.

I can’t help but feel that boosting, carries, and just about anything else where players shortcut their own gameplay experiences by spending in game gold has always been a common part of the MMO experience in every MMO I have ever played.

I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t be the issue it is today if it wasn’t for WoW tokens essentially making this content surpassable with real money in a way that totally screws the in game economy.

Boosting is fine and should be allowed cross server and such, they just need separate channels for it so it doesn’t spam the normal channels. This way buyers and sellers can opt into such a channel if they want to do this.

Heck Blizzard could even take the extra steps to protect both buyers and sellers by making contracts that can be put on the AH. This would ensure everyone gets a safe and secure boost transaction.

So the solution to a situation/behavior is to just belly up and let it do what it wants?

Players have been boosting since Vanilla and the Blizzard president was recently selling boosts.

I am finding a distinct lack of reference to the wowtoken in patch 1.1, can you point that out to me?

Not sure what you are getting at? WoW token gold boosts are bad but in game farmed gold boosts are good?

People were buying boosts in Vanilla so you tell me where that gold came from.

Good. Shouldn’t have banned them to appease the whiny anti-boosters anyway.

PvE boosting hurts nobody. If you think it does, you are just wrong. It’s not why you can’t time +10 keys. It’s not why your raid leader benched you. It’s not why you have no gold. Your world 10000 guild could not compete with the top 10 even with the escrow provided by boosting.

If you get comfortable with those facts, it becomes really easy to think of boost sellers as nothing but a good way to filter out all the racism and bigotry that fills trade chat otherwise.

PvP boosting should be completely outlawed though IMO. I don’t even PvP at all but I can see why boosting is a problem in that environment.

My Druid on stormrage said I hate ardenweald and I got a full blown essay as to why it’s a best zone.

1 Like

The few times I have bothered to pay attention to trade on Stormwind, it’s been politics, outfit/tmog spam, (a word)(achievement)= lame joke that should have died long ago spam, more socio-political trolling …

I highly suspect that at least some of the folks crying about trade chat being taken over by booster spam, are the same ones who sit all day in trade chat, trolling people, because they have nothing better to do.

I don’t boost and boosting isn’t an issue.

Only bad players complain about boosting.

Because it has a mount tied to it and I collect mounts. It will always be totally unfair that people want stuff like this gate kept because you feel it’s unearned. I earned the gold, I can and should be able to do what I want with it.

1 Like

That or half the time they’re too salty that they cant clear the content themselves or afford to buy a boost, which leads to them manifesting their misery on others.

1 Like

Yep.

IF player x sucks…no gear fixes that. Now if they carried to some gear and are good…well then they were apparently good. and it was gear that was getting them passed over.

that is a player issue. Coming from eve, we look at the player not their ship(s) and gear. A rock solid player is rock solid in Everything! ( I can’t post the gul’dan meme…I get forum vacations from time to time lol). put them in a crap fit ship…they can make it work.

Its actually the basis to what we call low skill point alt baiting. At some point people will look your profile before engaging. Oh its a 12 year vet…not doing this. Dude is probably implants, combat drugs, etc. which to be fair…we usually are.

so…you make new alts. and they jump them. the alt…flown by you with 12 years experience. And you gank the ganker. Since in a few months of training skills…that alt can fly basically the same ship as the 12 year vet. its the player not the ship basically.

wow…does it the other way. Ah they have the gear…they must be good. Not necessarily. RNG just liked them on a run or 2. and there is the good player with legit skill…who fails the gear check. RNG just hates them.

Case of guild folk…this is just poorly veiled envy, imo. they with handpicked crews…are still hammering away the complete set.

and there is the carry crew. So…how much dead weight can we take? they test…okay we can take 4 deadweights…errr customers. And thus they do runs knowing from second 1 of the boss fight…4 people are useless.