Boosted to Lvl 120, Legion Start Quests Not Working

Hi!
I pre-purchased the Shadowlands expansion and used the Level 120 Boost on my Tauren Shaman. I wanted to go back and do the Shaman artifact and class hall quests. I was able to start Legion quest from the Warboard. I did the scenario, and introduced myself to the illidari. The quests stopped popping up after that. I tried visiting Karazhan and talking to Khadgar. Nothing. I flew up to Dalaran above Karazhan and nothing as well. I tried taking the portal to Dalaran Broken Isles and I can interact with everyone but the quest giver for Shaman class hall. I can not start the teleport Dalaran quest and do not have the hearthstone.
Thanks!

15 Likes

I’m having the same issue i cant find the recruiter and the quest wont pop up by talking to the king.

4 Likes

What I had to do was run around new dalaran a few minutes for my paladin to get someone to show up saying “hey I gotta talk to you” to get my paladin order hall started, also if you talk to the innkeeper in new dal, she will give you the hearthstone.

3 Likes

Same issue here. How did you even do the Scenario? I grabbed the quest from the Warboard but it said to find the Recruiter and he wasn’t there for me (although the “?” is in the harbor but no NPC is there). I tried heading to Broken Isles Dalaran but no one there gave me a quest to start the Class questline. The Innkeeper there gave me a hearthstone but it won’t cast and says “You can’t do that right now” so I can’t even use it to get to Dalaran.

3 Likes

I tried this as well. It was the most common fix listed in the other forums. The little quest guy pops up and says to talk to Thrall. When I talk to Thrall he says out loud, that he has been looking for me but does not have a quest for me. I got a hearthstone from the innkeeper. I went to use it and it just says that I can’t use that item yet.

5 Likes

Exact same problem with me. I submitted the ticket and gm said to reload ui with no addons. Also said to abandon and retake quest which does not apply to us. Bottom line neither worked for me. Also hearthstone glitch is quite annoying.

3 Likes

i’m having the same exact issues!! submitted a ticket about all this and just got linked a breaching the tomb article from wowhead after waiting days for a response. IM SO FRUSTRATED

Go outside of Orgrimmar and talk to the guy who you can normally skip the Broken Shore intro. Even without a quest, I was able to talk to him and teleport to Dalaran which let me continue my quests, as a shaman.

2 Likes

I already tried doing the intro to Legion to get Thrall to give me the quest so I no longer have the person available to skip with

If you started the intro, the quest should progress into a turn-in at a mage in Dalaran near the teleport area.

Once that quest is complete, Thrall should offer his.

1 Like

The problem is that the Alliance NPC for the Intro quest doesn’t exist anymore for whatever reason. In Dalaran you’ll get directed to Thrall who has says he has a message for you but he doesn’t actually have any quest and/or dialogue options.

it’s making me go through random dungeons now…

got this from another forum and it worked.

1. Get a friend who level boosted (can’t have done intro quest to Legion) as something other than a shaman.
  2. Go to Stormwind/Orgrimmar together.
  3. Accept the quest “The Legion Returns” from the war board.
  4. Go to the NPC turn-in location.
  5. Have your non-shaman boosted friend initiate party sync so you can see the NPC.
  6. Talk to the turn-in NPC and either skip or complete the scenario.
  7. Once the skip or scenario is complete, you’ll be at the regular hearth point of Dalaran.
  8. Delete the busted Dalaran Hearthstone (You can do this at any time before the next step).
  9. Walk forward and turn in the quest (In the Blink of an Eye) to the NPC to get a working Dalaran Hearthstone.
  10. Talk to Thrall at the well next to the Armory to begin your class hall campaign.

It seems the flag for the quest, “In the Blink of an Eye” is the issue here. Hopefully Blizz can get it fixed soon so that those who don’t have a friend boosting at the same time can start their class hall campaigns.

3 Likes

Thank you! This worked for me. Hopefully Blizz will finally believe there is an actual bug.

THANK YOU! This worked for me as well! Can’t believe I didn’t think of it

I’m also having the same issue. Please let me know when you’ve found a solution to this issue. Thanks!

I’m having the same issue. I cannot start The Legion Returns quest

Im having the same problem, i level boosted with shadowlands preorder, and i did the broken shores scenario, my issue is once its complete and the kirin tor rep telling me to go to the portal in stormwind keep, but the portal is gone.

im having the same problem, and im new to the game and don’t have any friends nor do I understand the sync thing mentioned to do that with. is blizz actually looking into fixing this?

1 Like

Bump. Boosted a Hunter to 120 and I can’t get a Dalaran hearthstone. I tried everything.