Boosted to Lvl 120, Legion Start Quests Not Working

The trouble with that Support article is that people following the advice are still getting stuck.

I boosted to 120

If you boosted to level 120, visit the Command Board on your capital city Stormwind or Orgrimmar and pick up the quest The Legion Returns (Alliance) | The Legion Returns (Horde).

When you turn this quest in, Recruiter Lee (Alliance) or Holgar Stormaxe (Horde) will give you a choice to skip the introductory quest line to the Broken Shore. If you choose to skip, you will be immediately teleported to Dalaran and you will be asked to hand in the last quest called In the Blink of an Eye —hand in this quest to receive your Dalaran hearthstone.

For many people, their boost is their first character to do Legion content. Blizzcon announcements bring people back to the game that have been gone a long time and may have not played since before Legion. They are not being offered a skip. They are doing the scenario and then not being offered the quest to continue on to new Dal, or being directed to a portal that isn’t there.

So there is more work to do to fix this.

[edit] The language is also inaccurate - you have to choose to skip instead of turning the quest in. If you turn the quest in before you notice the skip option text, it is too late to skip. This has been tripping people up since they first added it at the start of Legion.

2 Likes

I am having issues with this - the Paladin Council or whatever is having a meeting at Kraus Landing, not the actual Paladin Class Hall. It is making me choose which weapon to pursue out where everyone lands.

Just boosted a 120 Shaman (as of 12/26) with Shadowlands Pre Purchase and went to the quest board in Org and took the legion start quest. Talked to a orc outside of org and selected to skip intro. Turned in quest and then was able to accept the first quest of order hall.

You are awesome sauce! Thx!

I didn’t boost my shaman but leveled her in AV for the 15th anniversary from level 90 - 120. I have tried all the above suggestions and still not able to start my class hall quests or the legion start quest. Thrall says he has an urgent message for me but no quests. The little tornado has me follow him to Thrall every time I go into Dalaran. Still no quests to get from Thrall. I have gotten a hearthstone from the Inn as well and get an error if I try to use it. My other two toons I leveled the same way had no issues getting the class hall quests. Shaman is bugged.

1 Like

What are you being offered by the Hero’s Board? Is it all older than Legion?

Do you have any quests in your log (specifically looking for The Legion Returns which might have auto-popped for you when you dinged 100)?

Do you have any gold ! on the SW (or Org if your Shaman is Horde) map?

You won’t get the Shaman quest or a working Hearthstone without doing The Legion Returns first. The #1 is to work out how to get that quest and do it.

Hero’s board is only offering older quests for older zones. No I don’t have The Legion Returns quest at all. It didn’t pop and I even tried logging out and back in, going into Stormwind, leaving Stormwind and going back again several times.

I turned off all my addons and also tried.

Still nothing. No ! in SW or Dalaran (legion).

I have tried the party sync as someone suggested and still that did not work as well.

with help here I can say if you pick up the quest from the warboard, talk to the NPC outside orgri, skip the scenario, you get ported to Dala. A mage there will give you the HS and also then Thrall will have a quest available as Shaman.

well this is stupid, i wanted to reexperience the Broken Shore Scenario for the Alliance only cosmetic hood but like others have said, if you hand in the quest instead of skipping ahead you get stuck in a layer where you can no longer continue.

Horde side:
The exclamation point for Battle of Broken Shore shows on my world map, but not my mini map. There is no object or NPC for me to pick up the quest from. I got all the buffs, turned the quest in, but did not pick up Battle of Broken Shore (thinking I could come back later to do it).
I have completed the Battle For Azeroth quests, relogged from Org, reset my UI, renames the folders under retail
my in-game ticket was closed saying I should report a bug.
I reported the bug but how can I do the Legion quests when I’m stuck like this?

Doesn’t work

1 Like

I figured it out for my boosted shaman at least.

1. Go to the calling board and pick up the legion intro quest
  2. Do the intro quest
  3. Once you get to the Broken Shore scenario, enter it, then leave it.
  4. The guy in front of you will let you skip the scenario now.
  5. Get teleported to Dalaran and turn in the quest
  6. Now you have the Dalaran Hearthstone and can use it