boosted to 110 and no Garrison

Hi I boosted a character to 110 and bought the prepurchase BFA and was alarmed to see no garrison . HOW do i get a garrison with this boosted 110,,Blizz can you fix it?
1 Like
Hopefully Blizzwill fix this with a hotfix..until then..does anyone know how I can even get a garrison started?
There is nothing to fix. You have to go do the quest chain for it since it's a previous expansion. With the 100 boost, it boosted people to WOD which was the expansion with the garrison, thus, it was included.

You can google the quest chain on wowhead for help.
2 Likes
The Boosted garrison was for those with a 100 boost, which was WoD content. The 110 Boost if for Legion content. Want to upgrade your garrison, you got to hunker down and grind it out now
Didn’t carry over to the 110 boost.

You can go to Draenor and go thru the quests to unlock still though. A mage with the portal can get you there, or there is the portal in the cave in timeless isles. (In pool with frogs, sit in chair, click the campfire - if I remember right)

Using the 100 trial before boosting also still starts you with a lvl 3 garrison, though I’d guess they will update that soon.
This may seem like a stoopid question but I'm not seeing any way to GET to Draenor on my 110 boosted character. Can one of your patient souls give me some advice?
4 ways to get to Draenor for the first time:

Go to Blasted Lands - Go to the Dark Portal - Turn on Trivial Quests (on your mini-map) - Talk to Khadghar - Start and finish the WoD intro scenario

Go to Timeless Isle - Find the undewater cave that teleports you to Gorgrond

Find a friendly mage (Level 100 or above) to teleport you to Ashran

Join a party of 3 where 2 people are at a summoning stone in Draenor and have them summon you
2 Likes
I favor using the underwater cave. Grab a goblin glider or slow fall potion as you wind up on a peak in the ocean. You can jump off it then just water walk to where your Garrison is supposed to be and start building it without doing the intro quest line.

If you still have a level 100 boost, you can use it to make a trial character and then use the 110 boost on the trial character. The 100 trial character will have a level three Garrison than carries over to the 110 boost and you should still retain the 100 boost.
1 Like
06/17/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Neall

Go to Timeless Isle - Find the undewater cave that teleports you to Gorgrond

?????
Where the underwater cave?
06/22/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Litha
Where the underwater cave?
It's off the shore from the giant frogs.
so my legion boost will give me a garrison but what about all this stuff about tnot getting transmog and gear needed ifi boost since i dont get the profession boost or might not even get the dang chfc
08/28/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Jfifth
so my legion boost will give me a garrison but what about all this stuff about tnot getting transmog and gear needed ifi boost since i dont get the profession boost or might not even get the dang chfc
110 boosts do not get an automatic garrison. You'll have to do the quests and level it the old fashioned way. If you still happen to have a 100 boost lying around, that probably still gives you the garrison. (Although I haven't personally verified that.)

The profession boost for partially leveled characters is also gone. They changed how professions work, so you no longer need to level through the previous expansions to start on the current one. (Each expansion is leveled independently.)

The transmog stuff you're seeing is very likely the special sets that the allied races can earn by leveling an allied race up normally. You can always boost an allied race and then go back later on another character of that race to do the leveling for the gear. Once the transmog is unlocked, any character of that allied race can use it, no matter how they were leveled.
None of the above posts actually ANSWER the question here...

As stated, the level boosts don't unlock your Garrison. To fix this you will need to unlock it via the quest chain.

Yes you can GO to Draenor via mage portals etc. but you can't unlock your Garrison via just going to Draenor. You have to go through all of the quests in order to unlock the Garrison.

Take the portal to the Blasted Lands via the bottom of the mage tower in Storm Wind, then pick up the quest from Khadgar in front of The Dark Portal.

Follow this quest chain until you unlock your Garrison.
7 Likes
09/02/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Röhan

As stated, the level boosts don't unlock your Garrison. To fix this you will need to unlock it via the quest chain.

Yes you can GO to Draenor via mage portals etc. but you can't unlock your Garrison via just going to Draenor. You have to go through all of the quests in order to unlock the Garrison.

Take the portal to the Blasted Lands via the bottom of the mage tower in Storm Wind, then pick up the quest from Khadgar in front of The Dark Portal.

Nope.
You take the underwater cave portal that's off the bow of the pirate ship in the SE corner of Timeless Isle which dumps you in Gorgoron.
Then you swim/water walk to the location where your faction is shipwrecked after completing the regular WoD intro quests.
You can then pick up the quest chain to start your Garrison there.
Takes longer to get to the wreck site than it does to complete the garrison chain you get once you arrive.
2 Likes
09/02/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Nok
09/02/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Derpheals

Nope.
You take the underwater cave portal that's off the bow of the pirate ship in the SE corner of Timeless Isle which dumps you in Gorgoron.
Then you swim/water walk to the location where your faction is shipwrecked after completing the regular WoD intro quests.
You can then pick up the quest chain to start your Garrison there.
Takes longer to get to the wreck site than it does to complete the garrison chain you get once you arrive.

I felt like an update to this would be helpful for those looking to unlock your Garrison post-BFA!

1. Go to Timeless Isle in Pandaria, in the south east near the pirate ship there is an underwater cave with a camp fire, you can use this to teleport yourself to Gorgrond.

2. Get to the closest flight path from where you land in Gorgrond (which I believe is Everbloom Overlook), and fly to where your garrison is supposed to be (Note: as an instant 110 token character, you should have all flight paths unlocked already when you get there, making it easy to travel).

3. From there, travel to where you would have crash landed if you had done the intro quests for Draenor. For Alliance, it will be on the beach where your shipyard eventually gets built (if you build one), just north of the Garrison itself in Shadowmoon Valley. This area is also where you do fishing shack quest to upgrade that building.

4. Be sure to right click on your mini-map and check mark the box next to "Trivial Quests" and then you should find Velen on the beach next to the northern side of the shipwreck. Take his quest "Finding a Foothold" and you will then do the few short quests to build your Garrison without having to do the entire entry quest line!
4 Likes
Got any coordinates for this cave?

67.9 76.9
it is directly off the shore

I feel like a lot of these guides are not very straight forward or they leave out a of important steps, so for anyone that needs a little more detail this is how I got my Garrison on a 110 boosted character (Horde)
Take the portal in Orgrimmar to The Jade Forest in Pandaria
fly to the Timeless Isles to the south East
Ride to the are with the frogs on eastern Timeless Isle, then swim until down you reach an underwater cave at 67.9 76.9. Go inside the cave, sit on the chair, and click on the Grim Campfire.
You will now be teleported to a Grim Campfire on an island by 74 24.5 in Gorgrond
Follow the coastline all the way north and arount the northern enterance to the Iron Docks. You will have to approach from the water along the northern shore
Got to 55.9 6.7 - horde flightmaster, on the eastern dock not the West. Alliance flight master is on the West dock.
select “take me back to the garrison”
this will bring you to frostwall, frostfire ridge 45.62, 50.57
Head west down to the beach where the shipwreck is, 40.80, 67.09
Speak to Farseer Drek’Thar
accept the quest “A song of frost and fire”
this will bring you back up the pathway to the NPC Durotan to complete the quest
accept “Of Wolves and warriors” quest from Durotan
This will bring you back to where you originally landed. frostwall, frostfire ridge 45.62, 50.57
complete the quest and accept “For the horde”
This will allow you to plant the banner and claim your garrison
keep following the quests given by Gazlowe next to where the banner is planted until your garrison has been built and you receive your garrison hearthstone

7 Likes

I’ve done this on 2 toons now, the timeless isle cave is the way to go, just go to where your garrison starter quest is and get building.

Also, if you don’t already have Draenor flying, it’s one long hike.

1 Like

Spinestealer you have to do the Dark Portal quest line to get your garrison, the whole thing should only take you about an hour or two. If you try going to Dreanor via the Timeless Isles cave and take a flight from the docks you will end up in a free fall that results in you getting booted almost immediately until you do a move character request.