Boosted Player here, let's discuss some things

Yes I boosted this Warlock to level 58 and skipped the “Classic TBC 1-58 levelling experience”. I didn’t really want to level again after doing it over 10 years ago. The boost wasn’t without caveats. I started with 24 gold and gear that is lesser than Sunken Temple gear (a level 42 dungeon). That equates to a tough time starting out, I had no health and did little damage. I also boosted my sons accounts so they could play with me.

Yesterday we ran HFR as the very first activity for my boy’s level 58 mage. It went smoothly. He did well. Learns fast. A comment was made that boosted may be rough for him but when it was brought up that I’m dad, they agreed he’d be fine.

What is the problem with people that used a boost? One boost per account isn’t a slippery slope or p2w it’s a convenience. The gear you get as a whole set is equal to a single TBC gear slot give or take. You can sell every piece for 16c. It cannot be DE’ed. You do not get professions like retail or even all the FPs like DKs or retail boosts.

Let’s put an end to this nonsense. Someone please state one solid reason the boost hurt the game more than the necessity to run Auctionator to sort the pitfall posts or 75% + imbalanced servers. There are some pretty gamebreaking bugs I have seen as well which were definitely not in TBC original code but the goto is going around spitting on and shaming people who boost.

2 Likes

You boosted Horde.

8 Likes

lololololololololololololololol

2 Likes

Do you mean “bad”??

1 Like

Your his dad? What’s goin on here?

1 Like

People have a problem with the fact that boosting is in the game, and as always, they put the blame on the wrong party. While I think you’re missing out a bit by skipping 1-58, I’m confident that you can do the 3 button rotations that exist in TBC lol.

3 shining examples as to the problem with this community as a whole. Any logical adult responses will be welcomed. I don’t have time for pessimistic children’s snarky nonsense, if you didnt figure out reading the OP I have plenty at home to deal with already.

Three buttons for a warlock?

11 Likes

Wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

7 Likes

Cooties, mostly.

1 Like

I’m serious. Boosts are only an issue as you further tilted the population balance.

Yeah, convenience that wasn’t apart of the original experience and convenience that is attributing to the massive botting problem that a small indie company like Blizzard can’t get their heads around.

This isn’t about logical discussion. We wanted The Burning Crusade, not The Boosters Crusade.

7 Likes

The real answer is that people won’t get upset with Blizzard over boosting and won’t cancel their sub in protest. They’re too far gone. What they will do instead is hassle the people that got boosts.

2 Likes

I get it, it’s difficult to teach someone to Blizzard for 3 or more and frostbolt 2 or less unless it’s a kill target. Tough stuff. Add in CoC, IV, CS, IL, omg. I really wish Lock was a simple as the sb spam. Of course we have hunters in another thread reporting tanks for not holding threat because they are too lazy to check the ToT box under interface so I expect nothing less from this community. I played another game that had 6 million players. It became nearly as toxic as WoW. No matter how much better the Devs made the game it fell apart. There are literally thousands of players today and 2 separate servers 1pve and 1 PvP and they’re dead. Toxicity killed the game.

The game was always toxic, even back in those days. There’s really no fix for that. You’d have to think that the MMO model sort of attracts those kinds of people.

Gaming, you mean.

This coming from someone that literally does top damage by spamming nothing but arcane blast. Any other action is a severe loss. That’s why I picked mage for him, easiest and most broken class by far. Just think, we are playing the patch they nerfed locks and buffed mages and I still murder you gnomes.

You’re one of those people that I referenced earlier. You’re still giving them your money despite the boosting change and you take your frustrations out on the people that used them. If you want to make a stand, cancel your sub.

Plenty of people play games, but something about MMO’s attract the worst kinds of gamers. As a community, we’re only slightly better than the FPS community.

What?

Locks are the top dps in tbc…

You literally spam shadowbolt.

Oom? Tap for Mana.

Arcane takes quick kills to just Spam 1 button. Arcane mages go oom In 30 seconds if they only spam Arcane Blast.

Arcane mages actually have to manage Mana with boss HP to adjust their rotation…

Meanwhile…