Bonereaver's Edge (BRE) Proc % is Much Lower than it was in Vanilla

As for “Seeding” considering there’s no save/reload feature we don’t know exactly if the drops are generated on kill or upon zoning in. Either way, it doesn’t make a difference. It’s all the same.

It’s def not all the same, as your whining about the drop rate implies

I’m whining about drop rates the same way someone would be wining about killing 20 murlocs and not getting any “murloc heads”

…20 murlocs means nothing the loot tables are so diverse

patterns are infinitely easier to see in raid…not comparable

no you’re not lol

I think the RNG has driven you insane.

When you see mageblade and might chest drop for 5 weeks ina row. Your belief in the RNG system they use wains. lol

We’ve had dozens of TOEPs drop, but it is what it is. The nature of Random. Mageblade isn’t even that crazy of a drop. HMU when you get 10 BREs dropping back to back.

Wow it’s almost like people get stuck on some sorta seed…

lol

Yea it’s not BRE drop rate is low, you’re stuck on a other drop on rag

It’s Random. We don’t get the exact same drops every week, we may get duplicates of a particular item or we may not. There’s only so many things that can drop in a given week.

You have gotten “dozens” of toeps

what more proof do you need?

Why does every guild have these sorts of patterns?

I’d need 100% same drops week, after week for me to buy into what you’re selling. All the same drops, no variants.

That is an extremely high and irrational bar.

Why would you need that? lol

There coudln’t be an in between?

Because that’s what would need to happen for what you’re saying to make any sort of sense.

No it wouldn’t

Think about it

Again, I think RNG jesus touched you in a no-no place.

As a pvp paladin brah, even if i only see it once generally i’m the only one who wants it lol

I don’t want the high prio items from multiple classes generally.

I do see teh loot tho, it could be time, group composition, hell just random stuff based on your name.

IDK how the system works. 100000 ways you could get it to be “random” while still using variables that would create patterns

There is no truely artificially generated “Random”, so there’s bound to be a “pattern” but that’s just your mind playing tricks on you. It’s RNG.

Or it’s not simple number generator…Which your toep drops and my mageblade drops suggest.

And probalby all the other loot lol

I refuse to believe it’s a simple number generator, beyond that idk

We dont know exactly no - but back in the day Blizz confirmed that loot was generated on mob/instance spawn not kill. Only Blizz knows with Classic and the franken patch/api data we are using though.

Drysc explains on the American WoW forums:

" Loot is generated upon creation.
As soon as you step into an instance, or a mob is created in the world, the loot that’s going to drop has already been determined."

What are the variables in the random generator’s kernel, is it based on some attribute of the players in the raid, or the raid leader?

"Heh no, I believe it uses a time stamp to seed the generator. So, there’s nothing you can influence within the game that would alter or coerce the generator.
The time it uses to seed would have no real implication into the final outcome of what loot its given. On a long enough generation table, you may see some type of pattern based purely on a random generators inability to truly be random. But we’re talking about astronomical numbers, something ridiculous like hundreds of billions of generations. Nothing you would or could see a pattern in during your time playing the game.
What you’re seeing is pure and basic laws of probability. Have a few thousand people roll a pair of dice and you’re bound to see hundreds of people able to roll snake-eyes 10 times in a row. (not that dice are truly random either)

As for Quest items, they are always there, they’re just hidden if you don’t have the quest."

is this fixed? ty