Bonereaver's Edge (BRE) Proc % is Much Lower than it was in Vanilla

Atlasloot updated again.

Bonereaver’s Edge Droprate 4.35%

v1.4.7 (Mar. 07, 2020)

• Update droprates

It’s almost like this addon isn’t an accurate way of determining drop rates.

1 of my guilds back in vanilla was convinced if you killed Bigglesworth upon entering naxx you would engage some sort of hardmode. They even kicked people from the raid if they killed him.

Also they would only let certain people enter the raid first because they thought they were generating luckier loot. Once again kick from the raid if you zoned before them. Lol

facepalm You have not a lick of understanding as to what is and isn’t broken in this game. Williams is right (and has been right for many months) that many of the items in the game aren’t properly coded and use TBC+ versions.

1 Like

Give an example, you’re wrong.

Sure taking you a long time to give an example, despite there being MANY.

You’ve had your head in the sand if you are unaware of the version issues with SoID, HoJ, Discombobulator Ray (This one was fixed only after we posted about it for 3 months non-stop), etc. Try reading the forums or using the search function. Or you could keep denying claims that anyone who spends even a moderate amount of time keeping track of Classic bugs was aware of from the first month or so onwards…

I’m going to keep denying claims because claims without evidence should be denied.

Skull was fixed.
Discombobulator Ray works on mounted targets now.

Where’s the “many” items that aren’t working properly NOW? Read this:

You’re welcome to go and read my post history 3 months back+ to see how many threads were filled with demonstrably broken item versioning, as that’s when I stopped bothering to post to this sham of a bug report forum. It took months of players complaining about Skull and Discombo for them to be fixed and most of the engineering trinkets are still mildly to heavily bugged (here’s looking at you, Death Ray, Battle Chicken, Reflectors, etc.). HoJ is still broken and will never be addressed (incorrect attack damage on swing and proc rate is reduced heavily). This likely means thrash blade and other sources of extra swing are also screwed. Funnily enough, you admit that Skull and Discombobulator Ray were both using TBC versions, yet can’t seem to grasp that item versioning problems are likely pervasive. Wait, let me guess… you’re one of the people that actually thinks there’s a reference client?

P.S. I forgot to mention Skull wasn’t fixed properly and to this day doesn’t apply the correct damage…

BRE’s proc rate is still bugged, but the real tragedy here is for those who have untamed blade. A pathetic 5% proc rate, about half of what it was in vanilla. Really destroys what used to be one of the best hidden gem swords in the original game.

Could you show the evidence that the proc rate is bugged or are we just going with “It’s bugged because I wanted it to be better.”

?

1 Like

Parses show the proc rate to be 11% when in vanilla it was around 15% - 17%.

Parses of the Untamed Blade show it to be even worse. 5% proc rate, half of what it was in vanilla!

Surely you can link the evidence to your claim. If you’ve seen it, you can link it.

1 Like

If you bothered to read my post, you would have seen it.

Bonereaver’s Edge has been tinkered with a few times post vanilla (see below link for the patch history on this weapon) so it’s conceivable that at some point after vanilla, the proc rate was tinkered with (if they are using current retail for the proc chance on this weapon).

For instance…

[Patch 4.0.3a] (2010-11-23):** The proc now increases critical strike instead of armor penetration.
[Patch 3.0.2] (2008-10-14):**The proc effect is now a buff on the wielder rather than a debuff on the wielder.

<Blizzard won’t allow me to include links to my post for the weapon’s patch history for some reason, but perhaps another user can post it? It’s from the site gamepedia.>

It is very conceivable to me, that in one of the above patches the proc rate was lowered. Especially for the change from Armor penetration to increased crit chance for patch Patch 4.0.3a.

All of the information of 1.12 vanilla BRE has the proc % at being around 15 - 17% chance on hit (I used 15% as a low end conservative number). Hence the Vanilla 1.10 patches use of the descriptor “substantially increased” in regards to the proc.

Basically, the consensus was that the proc was up around 90% of the time with the authentic 15-17% proc rate since the proc had a 10 second duration that refreshed with each subsequent proc. The only thing that fluctuated during uptime was how many stacks of the armor pen buff you had at a time.

With the non vanilla CATA nerf patch, the proc rate was dropped way down to 11% in conjunction with the proc effect itself being changed to a flat crit % increase instead of stacks of armor pen. Current WoW classic is using this non vanilla proc rate for the weapon

As such the weapon is NOT performing as intended, as with a 50% decrease in proc rate, you can basically never get stacks on single target boss fights, and the uptimes of even just one stack is substantially reduced, from around 90% uptime to only around 30%. Greatly nerfs the weapon, and is a huge deal.

1 Like

I wonder what Blizzards stance is on this. I myself had BRE in vanilla, and just aquired it again in classic. I most definetely procs less here than it was the case in vanilla, which is sad. It used to be a ticket to make 2h fury viable.

1 Like

no one but a blizz employee can post links…too many keyloggers/malware back in the day so they had to remove it for everyone. people do workarounds but those are use at own risk and frowned upon.

“I wonder what Blizzards stance is on this. I myself had BRE in vanilla, and just aquired it again in classic. I most definetely procs less here than it was the case in vanilla, which is sad. It used to be a ticket to make 2h fury viable.”

Yeah, seems to be the common theme. In your experience, how often would you say it proc’d in vanilla % wise?

The proc rate needs to be restored to how it was in vanilla.

What spec were you using when testing?

Just a theory, but if proc rates change based on atk speed, then flurry procs would lower the proc rate to (0.15/1.3) … which would be roughly 11.5%

There is a flat % on each ‘thing that can proc it’ and no ppm mechanic in Classic. Flurry if anything increases attacks therefore its proc rate should be higher.

You can also use the preformatted text option to link them https://classic.wowhead.com/item=17076/bonereavers-edge

Exactly right. Classic procs are % chance on hit, NOT PPM. Fight club verifies that the proc rate on BRE in classic is 11% instead of the ~15-17% reports from vanilla.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Blizzard is completely clueless when it comes to what was actually true in Vanilla in regards to the current patch we’re working with, and what their reference client shows them - due to poor record keeping.

They claim Nightfall is working according to the reference client as well, but it’s simply not true - and is well documented historically if you look for it as well.

Why they are willing to fix things like Skull of Impending Doom but turn a blind eye to other items is beyond me.

There’s even stronger evidence of issues in their quality control when it comes to maintaining Vanilla accurate items in things like the maelstrom trinket proccing back to back off windfury procs, but I digress.

Just wish Blizzard would come out and say they simply don’t know instead of trying to hide behind their reference client nonsense.

It appears that proc rates for BRE and UTB should both be about 50% higher than they are now (11% currently for BRE and 6% currently for UTB).

Hopefully this gets fixed.