BM is still awful

exactly.

lol then I guess warlocks, DKs, fury warrs, and all of the other easy sperg classes shouldn’t be allowed to be in top 5 either.

Unholy takes skill to play well with imo. If it was as easy as you think, they’d all be at the top with pettyk :joy:

The pet management kicks alone
Let’s just say its very easy to tell a good uh from a bad one

1 Like

BM is more playable than it should be. Stop hiding behind 4 pets while backpedaling and clicking barbed shot.

1 Like

I dunno about other brackets but if you’re complaining about BM being bad in 2’s it’s a l2p issue.

1 Like

That’s the point of the spec. It’s like fury or arcane. You can play the game and just mash 2-3 keys and be okay. The game should have some simple specs. Not that they shouldn’t perform alright, but the game does need some specs that are easy to get into.

As far as BM’s sustained, seems fine to me. If it was even slightly higher the spec would be busted.

I think they reverted the change that was going to remove the 10% reduced damage done modifier for barbed shot. Cober has a -33% damage modifier, so the 15% buff to it is still pretty meaningless. It’s like 7-14 damage outside of bw and 10-20 inside of wrath. Still only usefull for cdr on kill command. Kill shot doesn’t do real damage as BM, either. If you have a kill command or barbed charge, you’re still using that over KS.

BM is more or less the same as yesterday, and it wasn’t bad yesterday. The complicated part about playing hunter in general has a lot more to do with the way you use your non-damage abilities and your ability to live against/kite melee. None of these specs have complicated rotations any more. Arms warrior has to remember to press overpower twice before mortal strike. Fury warrior is a whack a mole spec. Sub rogue does most of its damage with two abilities in dance. Its obviously true and fine to recognize that BM is a simpler playstyle than the other two hunter specs, but it is not the same monstrosity from yesteryear that warranted the forum hate it still gets. It’s a meme at this point.

Just to point out in the top 5 DPS specs in 3v3, 3 are melee, 2 are caster. Only 2 casters seem to be an issue. 6th spot is uhdk, 7th is aug evoker, then 2 more melee specs.

too small of a sample size.

youre just awful at the video game. i see bm hunters at 2400 mmr doing well.

because you don’t use any of those buttons against casters and there’s no counterplay, or back and forth, or cd trading, or kiting, or interrupting, or literally any interaction at all. On top of the hunter mindlessly dropping all your debuffs every 30 seconds.

If I do 2200 instead of 2400 it gets worse for casters not better

sure, show me the screenshots.

That’s past the point of an exaggeration lol. That’s just false info.

https://www.pvpleaderboard.com/statistics/3v3/all/2200#spec

It’s all up there. The two top casters got multiple nerfs this week, while melee got buffs.
https://drustvar.com/pvp/representation?bracket=3v3&region=all&rating=2100&option=spec

Seems silly to do both the same week when Warrior dmg was fine in PvP. They really needed to tone down uhdk apocalypse burst and sub rogue burst/CC.

top 2 most represented specs are casters. and other casters aren’t that far behind. its also less of a caster meta than it has been, but its still a caster meta.

and the next 6 are melee.

so? the next melee and the top 2 casters are right around the same % wise.

Alrighty then, I guess numbers just really are not your forte.

5 Likes

Try using more haste? I’m new to hunter but copying others and it went from all mastery to a lot more haste