BM is still awful

As the title says: BM is horrible. Just like MM or any other hunter spec we get focused 100% of the time in 3s, 2s, solo shuffles, and everything and just die. Meanwhile other classes such as fury warriors, boomies, WWs are 1 tapping people with their overpowered burst and they still have good sustained damage. BM’s burst is horrid and so is the sustained damage even after these buffs. Rework BM completely. It’s horrible and boring anyways. Kill command, cobra shot, and barbed shot are literally our only attacks aside from Chakram.

BM seemed pretty ok before the buffs…

Mm and survival could pump damage too.

1 Like

It’s literally the newbie and casual collector catlady spec, and it seems to be fine as the highly-mobile and relatively delicate ranged sustained damage dealer in terms of design and tuning.

12 Likes

It would be nice if it actually did noticable damage in PvP. I have 72% mastery and it still hits like a noodle.

I’m playing it rn because I’m gettin kinda lazy lately :joy:.

I may try to figure out how to play it on a controller soon…

High APM and complexity are memes.

Embrace simplicity.

There’s enough to focus in in terms of fundamentals anyways.

4 Likes

I thought so too until you make sure you keep three stacks of frenzy up from barbed shot. Then it really can put out some hurt. Try to space your barbed shots well.

Bm is great rn but also it being bad would be awesome for everybody else

3 Likes

If it was so great, you’d actually be able to find BM hunters on the ladder, most are survival.

Which ladder do you refer to

3v3 ladder

Look at hunters on the 2v2 ladder…There are several BM hunters near the top.

There is not a single hunter until spot #145 in 3v3 on the ladder. Of any spec. Not many people care about 2v2.

i’m sorry but bm is not awful in anyway at all.

2 Likes

It is, there are 145 other players above the FIRST hunter on the 3v3 ladder

Tunings legit just dropped. Give the FOTM cringe lords time to get their cupids teams rolling again.

3 Likes

theres a few above 2500. unfortunately we’re in a caster meta. and unless you play a class that can play with casters or are a caster, you’re pretty much screwed. and i dont know that many teams that hunters can play with that has a caster that would be that good right now.

1 Like

Hunter eats mage and mage is coming back

5 Likes

I think SP hunter is / was a comp but why play that when you can run a boomie, rogue, or lock with the SP?

1 Like

Arenamate says hunters are better than rogues, DK, mage and dh if we’re using ladder representation only (at 2100 and above).

Seems to be in an ok spot to me and those numbers will only go up with the fat buffs that just went out.

And honestly, BM should never be in the top 5 as far as representation goes imo. It’s just too easy to play to be that rewarding…

1 Like