Bm buff 5% incoming

5% to all pet and hunter damage incoming

2 Likes

5% to abilities, so it could be 5% damage or it might not include white damage and would be closer to a 4% buff overall. They word it weird often, so we won’t know until Tuesday.

Don’t expect anything amazing.
BM and MM’s problem is in the class design and tier sets.
bold changes have to happen to make both specs fluid and strong.
flat % buffs are bandaid fixes.

3 Likes

And the following week they will be reverted because Blizz has no damn clue what they want to do with BM.

7 Likes

Unlikely it will be reverted. The difference between the top three specs and BM at the bottom is about 20%.

UDK, Demo, and Devoker pulling 145ish ST DPS. The best BM parses hover around 118k.

A 5% buff isn’t going to change our standing, it will just make the giant gap a little smaller.

7 Likes

thank god, all 3 hunter specs are parsing so low and thats literally the only thing we bring to raid. our dmg.

5 Likes

does nothing to address the short comings of the class. And it will move us closer the 2nd last. It’s no frost dk buff.

3 Likes

That seems like a token gift after they kept nerfing them to the bottom of all DPS charts. Especially since they are buffing everyone else at the same time. It will make zero difference to do 5% more damage if every other class is also doing more damage. It seems like Blizzard does not like hunters. What did you do to them to make them hate you so much? I used to like my hunter ,but I am thinking it is time to retire it to the no play zone.

I would much rather they do targeted buffs to BM’s single target and the set bonus for both BM and MM. Blanket percentage buffs are helpful but targeted changes are better.

5 Likes

5% is nowhere near enough, why even bother Blizz?

2 Likes

Ahh another blanket/token buff so they and the stans can say ‘look 5% more damage’ be happy, we did something for you! Still zero sign of any actual intention to give the entire class a much needed rework, which is what is actually needed at this point.

Some things that would help is giving us the option to keep the passive focus regen, and have it a node where the other choice is active focus regen like the old Cobra Shot and Steady Shot. Also make Animal Companion a choice node so people who like BM, but don’t like 2 pets aren’t cut off from one whole side of the tree.

2 Likes

Bm needs to have focus completely removed.
it does nothing for the spec other than generate forced downtime.

BM would flow much better without focus.

to anyone that defends downtime, please don’t even @ me.
downtime is bad, it has always been terrible and it shouldn’t exist, period.
if a class requires you to stop APM, its clunky.

1 Like

Im actually on board with this.
Ditch focus and give us other abilities to play with.

My only concern is, if they removed focus, they would give every ability a short cooldown to ensure BM can’t just spam every ability with impunity.

Focus is fine. BM has too many talents that require point investment.

Fury plays similar to bm. WW is not a talent. Fury spends 2 points to fully unlock WW. We have to spend 5. Address this and replace MS with something better. I’d personally love flare/ tar trap or bird storm.

3 Likes

Bm’s st and aoe are one of the worst. Bm st dmg from pure st build is lower than the st dmg of some specs’ aoe build. Op specs are like 40% higher on 5 targets and dungeon slice and 20% higher on st. A flat 20% dmg buff would be reasonable.

Or instead of buffing damage, bring wild sprits/resonating arrow and war order back would also fix bm.

3 Likes

you know what they really need to bring back. that they had for a single tier. aspect of the fox. the redesign actually made hunters worthwhile on some fights, especially on blackhand. then next tier later it was removed. what a joke

Having no focus wouldn’t change our rotation.
who cares if terrible players spam cobra shot, they will still parse grey.