@Blues, ETA On Feign Death/ Trap being fixed for hunters?

There is a .5 cast time or Delay that puts you into combat right after. It is legit game breaking to hunter pvp and trapping

2 Likes

I got FD trapped the other day…

Any updates on this game breaking bug?---- you can be assured it has to do with spell batching and will be game breaking for the life of classic. once I’m 60 on the hutard I will eventually see this and just /quit. oh well - the rest of you better re-roll.

I haven’t had any issues FD/Trapping. It didn’t work 100% in vanilla and it doesn’t work 100% in classic either, that just the nature of those two abilities and how being “in combat” works sometimes.

Okay, and?

Umm, no. It hasn’t worked once for me in classic, and it worked nearly 100% of the time in beta and vanilla. You are very wrong, and obviously didn’t play Hunter in vanilla. It almost never failed, as a matter of fact, clickers could even do it without a macro at that time and it hardly ever failed then either.

I’ve done it multiple times under terrible circumstances and had it work, maybe your macro is just crap?

I very much played a hunter in vanilla and it definitely could fail from time to time based on the “heart beat”, for example, if a melee attacks at the same time you FD, you never drop combat, that happened vanilla and happens now.

You are just bad.

Also remember, that FD/Trap was changed during vanilla, and the 1.12 version wasn’t as effective as the earlier versions.

Sure, I guess in the thousands of time I used it in vanilla and the fact that it very rarely failed makes me bad, not you… who clearly let melee sit on top of you while you FD trap to sabotage yourself. Think you got that backwards bud. Even in melee range it worked the vast majority of the time.

lol, yes, I CLEARLY do that…because my traps work and yours fail, that makes so much sense. You are a joke.

So show us a video of these perfect FD/Traps you are doing and explain what every other Hunter is doing wrong. It doesn’t work anything like it did in vanilla, I can assure you of that.

I just mash my macro, unless I don’t drop combat, it works everytime. There are many ways to keep a hunter in combat through FD, dot tickets, auto-attacks at the same time, attacking the pet, etc.

I haven’t had many chances to really use it yet, since not much PvP seems to be happening, but the times i have used it, I haven’t had any issues unless I don’t drop combat, and in all those situations, my combat log revealed why.

Fine. Paste your macro and I will test it for you. Plenty of PvP on Grobbulus.

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/cleartarget
/petpassive
/cast [combat] Feign Death
/cast [nomod] Freezing Trap
/cast [mod:shift] Immolation Trap
/cast [mod:ctrl] Frost Trap
/cast [mod:alt] Explosive Trap
/petpassive

Its a macro that allows different traps based on the mod button, but I bound to “Z” and when I wanna FD/trap, its just mashing Z alone.

I’d have to say, if anything “feels” off about it, is that FD seems to have a little delay that I don’t remember it having before, and that delay increases the odds you don’t drop combat in the first place, leading to failures.

I’ll test it when I get a chance. Got on for a little bit but didn’t run into any Horde in Desolace.

You need to inform blizzard they are working on the feign trap problem … little do they know… you’ve already fixed it.

1 Like

Enjoy the all in 1 trap button.

Duels exist ya know, and you can test things in a controlled environment that way too.

I am aware. I got a chance to use it a couple times today and it works for the most part, but is still very different than it was in vanilla. It just feels off.

I’ve been using FD+Traps a lot on my hunter lately and it seems like they’ve already fixed it. It feels like it’s around 95% reliable for me now. You just need to make sure you have a macro that puts your pet on passive/follow, stops autoattack and FDs.

Here’s the ‘bug’ I believe this is talking about:

The servers on Classic operate in 200ms ticks. So the Server has a tickrate of 5fps/Hz (don’t confuse this with GPU FPS, this is something different). What this means is every 200ms every action that was performed in that 200ms chunk, happens together.

So imagine it works like this:

0ms - Chunk starts
100ms - Hunter hits Feign Death
150ms - Hunter pet attacks
200ms - Hunter falls to the ground from FD as it takes effect, pet deals damage from the attack earlier, and places Hunter in combat.
220ms - Hunter tries to lay trap, gets error they are in combat.

Or…

0ms - Chunk starts
100ms - Hunter hits Feign Death
150ms - Enemy Player uses ability/attack on hunter.
200ms - Hunter is removed from enemy target as FD takes effect. Enemy attack goes through as it had the hunter as a valid target, and damages the hunter, placing them back in combat.
220ms - Hunter tries to lay trap, gets error they are in combat.

This is why some of you using macros to help with this still see it fail at least some of the time. But at least it won’t fail due to your own actions in the ‘batch’ as Blizzard calls it.

Also I called this a ‘bug’ in quotes because its been confirmed to be a feature of Classic that Blizzard actively put in. The way FD and other interupt spells usually work is they are on a High Priority stack of 20ms. Making failures happen less than 1% of the time. They can still happen as a 20ms stack can happen at the end of a 200ms stack. But its 1 out of 10 stacks, and unlikely to synch up randomly.

Stop necroing topics that have already received an answer in which it is stated that they are actively trying to fix something. Instead of looking for threads a month old and trying to stir the pot, check for blue posts in the bug report forum for an update to game breaking bugs first.

If it is still not working properly, reply to that thread as Pazorax clearly states.