@Blues, ETA On Feign Death/ Trap being fixed for hunters?

I am aware. I got a chance to use it a couple times today and it works for the most part, but is still very different than it was in vanilla. It just feels off.

I’ve been using FD+Traps a lot on my hunter lately and it seems like they’ve already fixed it. It feels like it’s around 95% reliable for me now. You just need to make sure you have a macro that puts your pet on passive/follow, stops autoattack and FDs.

Here’s the ‘bug’ I believe this is talking about:

The servers on Classic operate in 200ms ticks. So the Server has a tickrate of 5fps/Hz (don’t confuse this with GPU FPS, this is something different). What this means is every 200ms every action that was performed in that 200ms chunk, happens together.

So imagine it works like this:

0ms - Chunk starts
100ms - Hunter hits Feign Death
150ms - Hunter pet attacks
200ms - Hunter falls to the ground from FD as it takes effect, pet deals damage from the attack earlier, and places Hunter in combat.
220ms - Hunter tries to lay trap, gets error they are in combat.

Or…

0ms - Chunk starts
100ms - Hunter hits Feign Death
150ms - Enemy Player uses ability/attack on hunter.
200ms - Hunter is removed from enemy target as FD takes effect. Enemy attack goes through as it had the hunter as a valid target, and damages the hunter, placing them back in combat.
220ms - Hunter tries to lay trap, gets error they are in combat.

This is why some of you using macros to help with this still see it fail at least some of the time. But at least it won’t fail due to your own actions in the ‘batch’ as Blizzard calls it.

Also I called this a ‘bug’ in quotes because its been confirmed to be a feature of Classic that Blizzard actively put in. The way FD and other interupt spells usually work is they are on a High Priority stack of 20ms. Making failures happen less than 1% of the time. They can still happen as a 20ms stack can happen at the end of a 200ms stack. But its 1 out of 10 stacks, and unlikely to synch up randomly.

Stop necroing topics that have already received an answer in which it is stated that they are actively trying to fix something. Instead of looking for threads a month old and trying to stir the pot, check for blue posts in the bug report forum for an update to game breaking bugs first.

If it is still not working properly, reply to that thread as Pazorax clearly states.