Blue eyes for Thalassian elves being worked on as well?

Yes, they said they’re working on eye customizations for Dks and blood elves to lay the groundwork for the changes coming in Shadowlands. The blue eyed elf models have now had their outdated eye models removed from the game, likely to be replaced by a new, visually consistent model.

I think its pretty likely for the future blood elf customization.

4 Likes

Night elves to from what I recall . . . That mean they are getting blue eyes to?

2 Likes

Night elf models didnt have their eyes removed though? Why would the fact that blue eyed thalassian elves are having their eyes updated mean that night elves are getting them? That doesn’t even make sense.

2 Likes

Saw this on reddit…thought it was very pretty https://imgur.com/a/TKvxLJE

Geez that’s almost horrifying XD. That’s PTR for ya. I’m curious to see where it goes though

All the glowing eyes are being worked on. DK’s same deal. It’s been discussed ad nauseum, where you been sis?

5 Likes

I… I… I…

I can’t unsee that now.

But… isn’t that the fun part?

3 Likes

For playable races yes, which we can see being developed in the PTR, “blue eyes” however have been removed from all existing high and blood elves in game.

1 Like

I mean, they’re working on all the glowing eyes in the game, they’re probably still only going to use the blue ones for NPCs.

4 Likes

Looks like Dark Ranger eyes are also missing on the PTR. Just more soulless empty eye sockets.

1 Like

I really doubt it, especially considering the amount of hype they’re trying to put into “new” customization for races. It would seem like a large waste of effort to put that much work into a visual customization, if they weren’t planning on allowing players of the same race to use it. Plus they were very specific that the alterations surrounding “eye changes” were to help facilitate the new customization options for player races in Shadowlands.

Except regular Worgen so far. It doesn’t appear that Worgen will be getting their eye glow in 8.3. Worgen eye textures did receive a slight upgrade in the new PTR build, though, but they still don’t glow.

1 Like

It’s a WiP. Eye textures have been separated from skin textures to allow eye color selection, but some eye textures are missing, which include high elf blue eyes, dark ranger red eyes (in both night and blood elf models) and both nelf Night Warrior and fire druid eyes (if you zoom in you’ll notice the textures are missing as well). The eyes are transparent due to lack of texture, and what you are seeing is the skin color underneath them.

8 Likes

I’m aware it’s a WiP, it’s just interesting that they’re being updated/worked on, and I’m curious what new textures will be used to replace them.

Blizzard is changing how eye textures work for all races, so it’s no wonder NPCs have missing textures.

Probably just color-swapped versions of the normal eyes. I don’t expect any big change in that regard. I wonder if high elf eyes will glow or just be natural, thought.

5 Likes

They’re working on ALL the glowing eyes and detaching eyes from faces, which they’ve already said.

Okay, I said all glowing eyes, do worgen eyes normally glow? I’m pretty sure my girl worgen doesn’t.

I can’t wait to see what the forums look like if the horde gets to play high elves and the alliance still doesn’t get them.

12 Likes

From what i understand that is “temporary” while they work on tbe new 9.0 stuff.

I hope they dont keep it that way. Gotta be honest, they look awful without a glow.