Blue Eyed Elves - Act of good will or a higher up saying "Just do it"?

Yes.

1 Like

Blizz has no clue what good PR is. So I doubt this is what occurred.

You don’t really understand what you’re talking about on a fundamental level.

2 Likes

No actual counterargument?

K, thanks for coming by.

Cleansed by sunwell

No such thing

That makes no sense

(Correction): 90% of the Kingdom of Quel’Thalas was slaughtered by the Scourge during the Third War. The survivors renamed themselves to Blood Elves in honor of their fallen kin. When Rommath returned from Outland bringing with him new sources of magic and a technique to drain magic from Kael’thas (who learned it from Illidan), 1 out of 10 of the population of Blood Elves in Quel’Thalas at that time rejected it, were exiled, and went back to calling themselves High Elves.

(Commentary): At no point have any numbers been given for the High Elves living outside of Quel’Thalas whom never took the name of Blood Elf to begin with. These would be elves living in Alliance territories, lodges scattered throughout the Eastern Kingdoms, or in Alliance cities such as Theramore and Dalaran. It also did not take into account Alleria and her forces from the Alliance Expedition, that had been stranded in Outland.

(Conclusion): It short, numbers was never a reason to deny High Elves, especially once Allied Races were added and we got races with numbers fewer than even they have.

7 Likes

Wow, when you put together the sequence of events lately you’re right…
It is rather unstable sounding.

No offense intended. I am aware that Blood Elves are drinking from a holy source of magic now.

Pure, as in, the original High Elves.

And it does make sense. Players are part of the existing lore. For every 1 Blue Eyed BE/VE, it adds to the total population of High Elves from a lore perspective.

My BC lore is fuzzy, what happened to her forces in Outland?

(Commentary): Pretty sure they were all in the Allerian Stronghold. I don’t recall seeing any of her forces in either the Wildhammer Fortress, or Honor Hold. There was at least one High Elf with the Kirin Tor forces that settled in Netherstorm though.

1 Like

I am not offended since I am not a blood elf. It is a game and nothing more.
I am correct you in terms of your lore understanding. The blood elves are the original high elves. THis is reflected by literature demonstrating that they are affected the same way by the sunwell as high elves.
There is also the race descriptor which states its just a name change to honor the dead.

2 Likes

Why can’t I get more mogs that I like then? When they are already existent in the game. They are gonna blow this whole chance away with the Revendreth. They haven’t even given everyone a cool RDR2 trench coat yet. I don’t have any awesome skirts. Or cute Lulu dresses that fit the theme. We don’t get any fishnet clothing?? Like there is gonna be no OTHER time for it to fit perfectly with the theme.

There is no other perfect time. Just do it.

I want compensation for the Void Elves getting Blood Elf too. I want red eyes and pale skin for the Blood Elves like San’layn.

There is no other perfect time. Just do it.

I also want makeup and warpaint on all the races. This is like 5th time requesting it.

It’s not being greedy ,it’s seeing an opportunity and taking it because when is the next time we can have mogs like this and it makes sense with the theme?? When is the next time we are going to have a bunch of customization like this?? I bet we will no get more customization for a long time…

2 Likes

I don’t see you making an argument against blood elves outpopulating any three other races on the Horde, which I see as a far larger problem. Fortunately, player population isn’t canon, or we’d have to explain why two dojos on the Wandering Isle have so many co-valedictorians, and why not all of them are monks.

Also, you purported that void elves, a tiny cult with like, a dozen people in it, have a higher population than all the elves n Dalaran and Stormwind combined, I presume because you’re hung up on Ion saying “uh huh” after one of Jesse Cox’s inaccurate statements. That is some next level logical gymnastics.

5 Likes

High Elves would be the third playable race with that model. Valve = Blizzard confirmed.

because you haven’t had a vocal minority complaining on the forums for something for several years when blizzard needs a pr bump to throw a bone at you

(Query): Is there any other kind of vocal group?

1 Like

i mean, you have the silent majority, so probably not

While there are no exact numbers, Ion himself has said percentages regarding both the living and killed elf populations. Using that, we can estimate what each of three elf (HE/BE/VE) faction sizes look like.

Again, though. I don’t care. Make blue eyes mandatory. It does not matter to me.

Oh. Never change GD…never change.

(Commentary): Just seems weird to call anyone a, ‘vocal minority.’ Comes off as either a bad habit or an attempt to devalue or disparage a group of people or what they campaign for. There is no such thing as a vocal majority, at least not in something as innocuous as a video game.

(Observation): We’ve never had percentage numbers for the High Elves outside of Quel’Thalas either.

(Commentary): My point is that the population of High Elves has never been defined. We don’t know what it is in relation to Blood Elves, or any other race for that matter. It doesn’t help that Blizzard isn’t afraid to just have us stumble across never-before-discovered islands/cities of elves that we never knew existed to begin with. This is ultimately why numbers are a meaningless metric to discuss. If they were, the Horde and Alliance would be down to three guys each and a dog after all the worlds and apocalyptic events we’ve gone through.

4 Likes