Blue Eyed Blood Elves were a mistake

Yeah I’m just gonna say it, Blue Eyes ruined Blood Elves. The main distinguishing visual feature between High Elves and Blood Elves were the eye colors. High Elves were blue, Blood Elves were green, a result of their fel sucking ways. I barely see Blood Elves with the iconic green eyes anymore, just a bunch of posers running around with blue eyes. It’s lame, and removed what could’ve been a fun in-game way to identify an Alliance or Horde Elf. Now the only difference is hairstyles…

The eye colors were always the most important part and should have stayed unique.

30 Likes

Says the void elf with blonde hair

149 Likes

I’m happy with Blue Eyed Blood Elves and Void Elves.

22 Likes

The fact you would say this on a void elf in blood elf skin is very funny.

103 Likes

Blood Elves were cured of the Fel. They had only been doing it for 5 years so it is possible the fel taint wasn’t forever.

25 Likes

Or perhaps some High Elves who were part of the diaspora rejoined Silvermoon after the Sunwell was reignited and didn’t suck on the holy juice. If a handful of scholars joining the void can be a playable race so too can a lot of High Elves seeing the light and joining the horde(pun intended), especially after tentacle elves joined the Alliance.

24 Likes

#justvoidelfplayerthings

47 Likes

The problem is, they’re both the same thing
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

You’re literally posting on a character w the options that afforded VEs two visually distinct themes.

And are mad about an eye color that was always said to come back to BEs anyways. Blood Elves are High Elves, at least blue eyes are an addition to our main theme.

39 Likes

Lanesh the Steelweaver, a blood elf, has had blue eyes since Mists of Pandaria.

23 Likes

This is false by the way. Inaccurate. They didn’t eat fel they used it to power buildings and were around it.

15 Likes

I genuinely hope it’s part of the joke that I also hope they’re making, and that they’re not actually serious with this thread.

7 Likes

https://tenor.com/view/bait-thats-bait-tom-hardy-mad-max-gif-5055384

18 Likes

high elves are blood elves

19 Likes

You’re a mistake :triumph:

7 Likes

Blood elves were given the name due to the blood shed when arthas attacked. Has nothing to do with fel and all that. Not every blood elf was hooked on fel so it makes sense.

16 Likes

The Sylvanas novel retconned that.

Haven’t made it that far in it and we’ll that sucks

2 Likes

It does. It truly does.

2 Likes

Hah, I remember him. And I remember the developer behind him saying “There’s a very specific reason why he has blue eyes!” and we never found out.

4 Likes