Blue Eyed Blood Elves Make no sense

According to Ion in his most recent interview with Zoltan and Cinderys. Blood Elves will NOT be getting blue eyes in Shadowlands, that was dataminers applying wrong textures.

"Blue eyes don’t really make sense for Blood Elves, they’ve evolved beyond that."

7 Likes

Well duh high elves don’t really exist anymore the few left have mostly died off hence why the alliance will never get them as a race.

2 Likes

Void Elves are less, so that’s a dumb argument.

5 Likes

Well, this is going to be interesting.

They came from belfs so it’s fine, just kill the high Elf NPCs off so the alliance has zero argument for high elves and horde has none for blue eyed belfs

I guess that explains “muh blue contacts.”

Still a shame though. Blue looks great.

(Commentary): Again, my condolences to people who sincerely just wanted new customization options, and weren’t asking just to snub people who wanted High Elves as an Allied Race. Keep in mind, Ion ended that with, ‘Anything is possible in the future.’

But Night Elves didn’t evolve beyond Highborne skins, apparently.

Sounds like a typical Blizzard execuse. I wouldn’t be surprised if High Elves will eventually be a thing purely for the money they’d get from race and faction changes.

Would easily be the most profitable race they ever added to the game.

2 Likes

Dude… the blue eyes they showed were nothing like high elf eyes, in fact they looked like a misplaced void elf texture.

But nobody listens to me much less logic and facts in general.

3 Likes

I mean, you can still get blue eyes as a blood elf.

You just need to roll a DK to do so.

1 Like

People often wont believe something until a dev says it outright.

Which is ironic since they lie more than players do.

3 Likes

Blizzard: blue eyes exist

General Discussion: “Horde favoritism!!!1!1”

Also Blizzard: Blue eyes weren’t for blood elves

General Discussion: “OMG THIS MEANS PROOF ALLIANCE WILL GET HIGH ELVES!”

4 Likes

I cannot agree more!!!

Eventually all high elf variation(save the shoehorned ones) will have golden eyes, so yeah.

I guess the Silver Covenant didn’t get the memo.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that the majority were in the ‘snub people who want high elves’ group. So I find this hillarious.

1 Like