Bloodsail Buccaneers. The one Server That has Caused No Drama

Want drama? Not here! We have not shunned people for not being RPers or anything else. We’re just chillin. If you want just one happy drama-free, non judgemental server join BB!

12 Likes

“Hush now…voices carry.”

10 Likes

What about downtown? Or in the dark of night?

2 Likes

do you really want a rash of non-rp’ers joining your realm? cause we can, if you really want us to. I was always under the impression that if you did not RP, then stay off RP realms :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As long as you don’t disrupt RP events then you’re welcome! :smiley:

8 Likes

Hold on a sec there “Angela Merkel” we aint just letting anyone in!

11 Likes

never know then. My bf did say he wanted to role a toon on a RP server, so you might see us :slight_smile: At least you are eastern time. And not full.

1 Like

See yall on BB, looking forward to it.

1 Like

Lack of what I think of as “normal drama” is one of the main reasons I joined this server. There will be actual drama, which is so much better. O, the stories that are even now being born!

2 Likes

Personally, I hope to see Bloodsail and Grob develop into authentic RP servers in Classic, and if I err on the harsh side by hoping that PvE and strictly PvP players stay off these servers if they do not want to at least give roleplaying a try, then I confess I am fraught with harsh hopes.

Players have as many misconceptions about roleplaying as I once had misconceptions about PvP. My only experience of PvP prior to the release of Vanilla WoW was in Morrowind, where players just stomped over leveling low(‘_’)bies because they could. I know Vanilla WoW had more than a fair share of gankers, but at least Vanilla WoW offered rep and gear and other rewards for PvP.

This is a weak illustration for my argument, but my hope is that—in Classic—RP rises to the rank of The Third Way to play the game: PvP, PvE (Raiding emphasis) and RP (emphasis on Character Driven Story).

Anyone who has studied creative fiction knows that story can be plot driven, language driven, or character driven, and, while these are not the only options for methodology, these are the only three options we need to begin to deconstruct and theorize about Classic roleplaying.

In WoW, our plot line is pre-constructed: quests, dungeons, Raids, these are pre-ordained. We cannot change the abilities or fights or Battlegrounds. We can devise strategy—as every PvE-er or PvPer knows—but in RP we get to devise our sub-story for our character, and answer the question why our character is accomplishing these quests; why our character is in that Raid or dungeon.

Even aspects that can get you banned—like ninja-ing—can potentially be built into a RP scenario among trusted roleplaying confidants.

And language-based roleplaying is of course is the great bugaboo that keeps most players away from RP, as most think they need to be trained Shakespearean voice actors to respectfully RP.

Well, I dunno about other RPers, but my Rogue, Quince, on Grob is gonna sound like the hateful, hard-knocks corpse-hearted killer of a kid he thinks he is and always tries to be. He wants the living dead.

No one has to commit to roleplaying as deeply as I intend to commit.

I realize I may be out on the limb…of the poisonous tree, but the one hope I have for Classic RP is that RPers commit to roleplaying, and don’t shallow the deep waters.

6 Likes

Respect the RP even if you dont participate. That’s all.

4 Likes

I’ll be rolling on [Bloodsail Buccaneers], but I admit, I’m new to Roleplaying.

I’ll be Roleplaying under hardcore hero standards though, playing as a yellow name, instead of a red name. Never attacking, only defending. Innocent in every encounter. There’s a difference between killing and murder.

I honestly don’t care about the backstories of false heroes, who murder and pillage like everyone else.

Light be with you, under sky.
Light as a feather, let mana fly.
Compassionate heart, spirit thrive.
Lift the Holy, let mana subside.

-Arnoldt, level 1 human priest

5 Likes

From what ive been seeing so far, BB is going to be pretty relaxed and welcoming. There will RP and RP events ans a lot of content explored too. Its shaping up to be awesome!!

1 Like

Like every RP server in any game. The RP community’s biggest foe is it’s own suicidal complacency. I give it 3 weeks before the non-RPers outnumber the RPers 10 to 1 and RP is chased into guilds.

3 Likes

Sadly, I cannot disagree with this perspective.

I started in Vanilla about six months after my friends started playing WoW, due to motherboard issues; and started on the PvE server Khadgar, and did not end up trying to play on an RP server until after my guild came apart in late 2007.

By this point, RP had become so diluted as to be non-existent on the RP server I chose—so unmemorable that I cannot even recall the name of that server.

I hope that this doesn’t happen to RP in Classic. I hope that, while the PvP servers are blowing up, and the PvE crowd is racing to MC, to accomplish a set of Sears World’s Firsts (Frank Zappa: “Is that a Sears poncho, or is that, like, a real poncho?”), the Classic RP Community will really be roleplaying.

Since roleplaying’s not really something one prays for, this remains simply a fervent hope.

Leastways on Grobbulus the RPers could declare war on the non-RPers, and scour em from the server…

2 Likes

herod is not drama

BB may not have a que to logon, but it seems to have crashed anyway. So maybe not the best server to play on. I can’t logon atm, and I don’t want to play retail.

Server went down again. Is Blizzard powering their server with hamsters again?

Been having fun solo’ing when only needed, grouped when needed - No drama, plenty of friendly (or, at the least, no un-friendly) players.

Big /TY’s to all those priests, druids, and paladins that toss us “non-buffers” those useful buffs without expecting anything in return. In “return” have taken to handing out any out-leveled food free to random lower level players.

And to all those that I’ve had the pleasure to meet and play with as well as those yet to make an acquaintance - Keep on making BB great!

Can I RP as someone who meant to roll on a PvP server?

1 Like