Blood Knight Lore

Becoming disillusioned with your faith isn’t exactly an unheard of response to tragedy. I certainly wouldn’t call it stupid.

Because it gives them awesome power. They were unwilling to worship it in order to use that power but that doesn’t mean they don’t still want it. Or that they weren’t going to take it by force.

Yeah. It was a bad thing they did. And that’s kind of the point of this thread, is whether or not people found that version of them more interesting.

Well if it turns out the creature they tortured and corrupted allowed it to happen, with the knowledge that it would eventually lead to the blood elves’ salvation, then yeah kind of. All is forgiven by the being that was wronged at least.

Who insulted the sunwalkers? They’re rad too. This thread isn’t about them though.

3 Likes

Nah, it was in Wrath lore. Taken out later on and people just moved on. It’s pretty irrelevant now. I just brought it up as an interesting tidbit.

Personally, I don’t think they should have ever changed Belfs into Draenei, but that’s just me. I agree with Shad on that one.

SILENCE!

You will not stop me from being salty.

2 Likes

Yea I agree there but it is what it is. Maybe 9.2.5 will provide a compelling story again. Might even pick up my old belf on WrA if it does after this season is over and do some RP over there again.

It might be dangerous for a tauren to be salty.

2 Likes

2 Likes

They were still blood knights. They just changed the way they got their power.

5 Likes

The last thing I want is beef (lol) with you, Tovi. You’re one of my favourites here on the forum :blue_heart:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Oh wow nice, they explicitly even got asked about that assumption being made at the time, but explicitly still refer to them as Blood Knights confirming the current iteration of the story that has shown they never disbanded

4 Likes

That literally says what I already said. lol

As of the end of the *Burning Crusade*expansion, blood elves who wield the Lightdo so through the power of the renewed Sunwell. It is a harmonious relationship, no longer one of discord caused by the blood elves’ attempts to bend the Light to their will, which will likely have a positive effect on blood elf society in the long run. Look forward to updates that reflect this change in the Silvermoon and Blood Knight quests.

I don’t understand why Belfs are getting anything at all in 9.2.5, honestly .

I really was being salty. I’m tired of people attacking my Sunwalker!

:heart:

3 Likes

This is why we need racial class skins.

Yep. And it sounds like these were answered at the end of wrath, during cata development.

2 Likes

im not real into arguing the point since it’s basically just a trust me bro thing since thallia doesn’t have a source but yea everything leads to it not being the case. Perhaps some of the confusion is brought on by the official artwork of Liadrin ripping up the blood knight tabard while wearing the shattered sun one?

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/e/ef/Liadrin_Official.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1024?cb=20160322220147

(image for context)

3 Likes

You aren’t high elves though. Your blood elves.

My sunwalker is adorable.

1 Like

if someone says that they are an american does that mean they aren’t also a human?

I definitely see where the assumption was made, and I find it interesting it was a talking point for a time, but yeah it effectively amounts to an assumption which not only does later story confirm to be never ended up being the case, it would have been a moot assumption by the time devs addressed it in Wrath like that persons source shows.

I do like the source though as it explicitly answers that and from that time frame when it was being pushed as a the case / being talked about.

2 Likes

Opleasegodno don’t turn this into yet another Helf/Belf debate.