Blood elves were cooler back in the day

I have to agree. The SinDorei of old took what they wanted. But then the Blood Knight leader begged forgiveness from the space crystal. Begged.

Pathetic.

3 Likes

Yeah, i miss the old blood elves who were desperate and addicted to mana. They didnā€™t pray to the light so much as they ā€œtold the light what to doā€ as blood knights. They survived off demonic magic, and were a race that had nearly become extinct. They were the outcasts of the horde and it was quite apparent that it was only an alliance of opportunity, rather than true brotherhood. If they didnā€™t get enough magic to sustain themselves, they would degenerate into ā€œWretchedā€ monsters. The threat of the scourge on their land was a permanent concern and the dead scar constantly created new undead that they had to worry about.
Any blood elf born after Burning crusade canā€™t fight, they only know 3 things. Worship light, bend over backwards for horde, and lie.

3 Likes

When your boss kidnaps an alien to use it as the source of your powers, some contrition is expected.

1 Like

As I said. Pathetic.

1 Like

If you think trying to have diplomatic relations with other countries is pathetic, I can only suggest that you go back to an age-appropriate game and let the adults play WoW in peace.

3 Likes

My guy we turned a sentient being into a capri sun

3 Likes

Aw, did I hurt the widdle elfeeā€™s feewings?

:sob:

1 Like

The restoration of the Sunwell was the deathknell of the Blood Elves. Now theyā€™re just red High Elves, really.

Worse, the Void Elves took away any remaining shreds of the original Blood Elf identity, and then brought it over to the Alliance.

2 Likes

Crazy thing is even the old belf priest quest talked about the light serving them.

Launch blood elves would be ashamed of the groveling

1 Like

What i find really strange about Blood elves is that their society has turned into basically a group of light worshippers, and yet, blood elves get purple eye customizations, similar to void elves. Isnā€™t feeding off Void magic to sustain ones self a crime in silvermoon according to Lorā€™themar? Purple eyed elves live off void magic, so i donā€™t understand that very well.

Might as well give green fel eyes to void elves next at this rate honestly if weā€™re already going to share eye colours.

3 Likes

They sustained their magical addiction through fel-means, like sucking the mana out of living beings or their very life force to twist it into magical energy to sustain them. Such could be done with items of power too, but you get the idea.

Iā€™d say thatā€™s kind of sinister ā€¦
They use to also experiment with all sorts of magics too, which was a really cool concept.

Now theyā€™re all like ā€“ ā€œVOID IS PROHIBITED, AND OFF-LIMITS!! Any who even so much as DABBLE in it are to be exiled!ā€ ā€” So if you play a Blood Elf Shadowpriest? Sorry hun, youā€™re not canon. Same ordeal with any other Belf class that ā€˜dabblesā€™ in the void. :woman_shrugging:

The Blood Elves are super duper light simps now, and any Arcane or other magic reputation gets swept from under them by either the Nightborne or the HUMANS ā€¦ Like legit, at the moment the ā€˜Strongest Mageā€™ in WoW right now is still Jaina Proudmoore ā€” So not Archmage Aethas Sunreaver, Grand Magister Rommath and not even Arcanist Valtrois, Chief Telemancer Oculeth or First Arcanist Thalyssra. Itā€™s Jaina the humey, or if not her then probably Khadgar the humey. lol

1 Like

Not all worship the light like Danuser said.

Itā€™s because of the arcane energy in the well. Itā€™s not because of the void. Void elves need more purple eyes, old god eyes and galaxy eyes.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the Arcane energy is symbolized with the blue eyes that high elves always had, and thereā€™s a lot of options for that. I donā€™t think itā€™s purple, because we never had purple eyed high/blood elves up until void elves came around.

3 Likes

Itā€™s represented by both blue and purple. Elves have purple eyes in WC3 reforged without any void or anything.

2 Likes

If itā€™s from reforged then thatā€™s new lore, because iā€™m almost certain they didnā€™t have that in old warcraft 3.

New blizzard loreā€¦ Get me out
oh well.

Yeah I think itā€™s very new.

1 Like

Personally i think green eyes for void elves should be a customization option exclusively for warlocks, and void elf purple eyes (the glowing ones) should be available to blood elf priests.
I doubt blizzard will be giving either void elves or blood elves anything new anytime soon though since blood elves just got 4 new hair options, which in blizzards opinion is a ā€œmassiveā€ content drop and we have to wait a long time to get more now.

1 Like

I kinda have to agree with op tbh. Also Lorā€™themar being a ranger and not a magi is very important. He does not understand the implications and drawbacks fully about the magic of the sunwell changed by Velen and his peopleā€™s addiction to it like a wizard or magic wielder would, like Azshara or Malfurion would. Thats just the truth, heā€™s just a ranger. They are all siphoning light into their bodies now whether they like it or not and elves always adapt to their surroundings. :cloud_with_rain:

They were very sinister without the sunwell. They were essentially pragmatic magical vampires because they needed to constantly search for new sources of energy. Often supplementing themselves with the life force of living things.

About half of the surviving population went to outland with Kaelā€™thas and chased the Draenei away and sabotaged their ship.

The Blood Knights used a Naaru like a holy battery, and the city itself was powered by demonic crystals.

3 Likes

The original TBC concept of Blood Elves being all ā€œWe donā€™t care who we hurt or what we have to do, weā€™ll do whatever to gain power!ā€ was indeed a cooler idea, but itā€™s no surprise that the current Blood Elves are nothing more than ā€œWhen you want to be Alliance, but play on Hordeā€. The playerbase couldnā€™t even handle Blood Elves siphoning Fel magic, as originally intended. Blizzard had to walk that one back and state it was ā€œonlyā€ Arcane magic they were siphoning, because the playerbase couldnā€™t handle that level of questionable morality.

5 Likes