Blood elves back to using Fel it seems

Was doing the Nazmir Incursion on my Alliance Paladin and one of the WQ had me attacking a blood elf training ground filled with Farstriders and Blood knights. One thing I noticed during the rampant slaughter was the presence of Burning Fel Crystals. The same ones that we were told were replaced with more eco friendly arcane crystals at the end of BC (and was never reflected ingame in Silvermoon).

So looks like Belves are back to using good ol’ reliable soul destroying fel.

6 Likes

you don’t understand how addicting that stuff is, man

25 Likes

Wait… I didn’t get this memo? Welp, guess it’s time to kiss my pretty yellow eyes goodbye again.

3 Likes

You should try out the void.

14 Likes

ew no, how would i even brush my hair with those tentacles?!

4 Likes

Have a tentacle hold a mirror so you can use both hands for your hair?

13 Likes

You guys do have it rough. Void is the leading cause to male pattern baldness.

7 Likes

huh? weren’t those San’layn?
I could swear I was kicking some San’layn around

3 Likes

no they were just belf mages with blood golems which we nabbed from isle of thunder

1 Like

Real bloodelves never stopped using Fel! Urine yellow eyes are the heretic’s path.

2 Likes

/scoff

As a Blood Elf, I have the privilege of choosing eye color based on outfit.

I control the Fel - it does not control me.

12 Likes

Blizzard needs to get their act together and straighten out the lore. During TBC, the crystals were said to be fel crystals, and Silvermoon’s rebirth was greatly attributed to Fel energies harnessed from Outland (The BE populace didn’t know about KT’s defection yet).

At the end of TBC, with the Sunwell being reignited, the BE no longer craved a source of magic, and forewent the fel.

Then as the years went by, and Blizzard’s mad desire to whitewash everything took over, it was revealed that ONLY KT’s followers abused the fel. The general BE populace was simply mana-tapping.

What is it Blizzard?

Quit trying to make everyone good. The world is a perilous place, and people do what they can to survive. They make mistakes, form bad habits and choices. This does not make them bad people and quit abandoning your former, nuanced and INFINITELY BETTER characterization.

14 Likes

My guess is they use them like portable batteries.

You can even see some sucking on the crystals in Silvermoon.

It was a dumb retcon. Made the Blood Elves plight less meaningful and less costly.

Them being power hungry and saying “Damn the cost!” to survive was the only thing that made them fit in the Horde as nobels among savages.

7 Likes

But it makes their beard look reallllly nice

… they never stopped?

o.0

BElves haven’t ever been stopped from being Warlocs.

They’re not Fel Crystals. They’re Mana Crystals colored green. The same thing was on the Isle of Thunder and the Blood Elf NPCs there mention that they were colored to be more, ‘aesthetically pleasing.’

wow.gamepedia. com/Sunreaver_Magus

Sunreaver Magus says: It is days like this I miss using Fel magic. Sure, it was evil, but it got the job done.

Sunreaver Magus says: Someone told me these crystals are blue in their natural state. I am so glad someone took the time to apply some proper aesthetics.

6 Likes

Fel feels good.

I could have sworn that the Crystals at the Isle of Thunder were Red.

I can’t say I paid attention but I thought they were green.

I am glad that I can keep that former, nuanced characterisation as a Demon Hunter for the most part.