Blood elves are now High elves?

Ah, no, they aren’t the same.

High Elves come from the Highbourne and were the ones who couldn’t stop using magic after the Sundering and were banished from their lands. They settled in the area of SilverMoon City/Quel’Thalas and established the Sunwell. They literally evolved into something different, not having the same immortal life span of their Night Elf counterparts, though they still live a very long time. It’s why they have Mages and other magic users and not Druids.

Blood Elves were so named because they were the ones that survived the slaughter of their people when Arthas swept through the land [~90% of them died]. Void Elves are HE’s that use the power of the void, though they have different alliances [also seen during Wrath when the HE’s sided with the Alliance compared to the Blood Elves]

Night Eleves still have ties to the great trees, nature, Druidic magic and their natural demi-gods along with being followers of Elune and are considered Children of the Stars

(Observation): More like it’s the bare minimum. Blood Elf customization is on the lacking side, which I find rather unbelievable considering how popular they are.

(Commentary): Keep in mind that, biologically, High Elves, Blood Elves, and Void Elves are all the same race. The nomenclature of each group more references political and ideological differences.

1 Like

If you want to be overly technical, at least note that Void Elves are derived from Blood Elves, not High Elves.

Blood and Void Elves where born as High Elves so they are High Elves

Arbitrary distinction.

Blood elves are high elves. They just changed their name in solidarity of all of their fallen brethren after Arthas put them through the meat grinder.

Void elves are also high elves, by the way.

1 Like

Blood Elves technically are High Elves. The only difference was that they relied on Fel energy, but that is no longer the case with the Sunwell being restored. Now they’re back to being hopelessly addicted to the original substance instead.

1 Like

You can’t compare 10,000 years of cultural and magic induced physical evolution to a transition that occurred in living human memory.

and i want playable botanist for blood elves!

1 Like

yes, they confirmed that high elves are added to void elves and blood elves. so if you play with a void elf with high elf customization you are a high elf if you are a blood elf with high elf customization you are a high elf. I guess we can see it as subfactions within both groups using the name high elf

They said they were high elf customisations.
They never said it made you into one of the high elves as seen in like wrath.

Seeing as blood elves and void elves have always been high elves, its also just as reasonable to assume they were referring to cosmetics and nothing more

I think that the high elves that we see in the sunwell in the quest queldelar could join the blood elves
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZsckprWsAowyw0?format=jpg&name=small

And giving in to whiny children who’s parents never told them no isn’t?

The Sin’dorei and the High Elves are from the same race but both have gone down different paths both political and views towards the Alliance & Horde. Was never about the Blue eyes, skin color or hair color.

1 Like

Dunno why all this crying about high elves, blood elves, nightborne, void elves, night elves, etc… They are all Dark Trolls that learned how to speak by drinking some magical water…

Wait. Blood Elves are High Elves?

Always have been.

1 Like

Just my personal opinion but people seem to want to play what they see in the game, lore, story, since there are Alliance High Elves in the game, lore, story, people have asked for them over the years and have been denied while given excuse after excuse why not they cant have them.

Blood elves have been high elves this whole time?

Always has been shoots gun