Blood elves are now High elves?

Let them being blond with blue eyes in SL isnt it too much Blizzard?

4 Likes

No.

4 Likes

Yes, Blood elves are high elves.

19 Likes

I mean, they DO have that addiction to Bloodthistle.

Blood elves are high elves
Void elves are high elves but voidy
They are literally all the same race

19 Likes

Saying all blood elves are high elves is like saying all high elves are night elves.

3 Likes

Well Blizzard calls them high-elves and it’s their lore so I guess they are high elves.

5 Likes

how is it?
Blood elves evolved over many generations. None of the blood elves alive today were the same as the ones who split off from the night elves.

The blood elf high elf split is purely political. It was just a name change.

17 Likes

I’m pretty sure at this point you’re mixing up High Elves with Highborne.

1 Like

Ahem

Blood Elves are High Elves
Void Elves are High Elves
High Elves are neither
Night Elves are superior
Nightborne are ugly

(That being said, the lines a being blurred, since the original political difference between the different elven factions that splintered them no longer really exists. At this point, the only reason for staying apart is just plain old bad blood)

4 Likes

“Blood elves are our high elves”

This was said at the blizzcon panel when they first came out.

9 Likes

Sad true facts…
Except with one correction:

PLAYABLE Nightborne are ugly.
NPC Nightborne are shmexy :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Ion also believes there’s barely any Alliance High Elves left, and said there’s no big groups of them in-game as evidence.

Completely forgetting the fact the Silver Covenant exists, and is constantly used by the writers. In the Liberation of Suramar, in the Warfronts, etc.

Ion’s word is not law about the lore. He’s not one of the writers.

5 Likes

Every time I play my Blood Elf it’s a High… never mind. :rofl:

It’s very simple.

Blood elves = high elves.

Blood elf is a cultural renaming due to the arthas massacre.

Some helves who became belves would have lived in dalaran and never needed to live off of fel b/c of plentiful magic there.

This makes helves one of the most neutral races, even if the silver covenant specifically wasn’t.

I think why people are confused is mostly due to the red team vs. blue team thing at the argent tournament that misled people, and the Legion writing that mistook them as more distinct.

4 Likes

Sorry this wasn’t said by Ion, he just further stated it. The original quote I speak of was said by metzen and blizz staff. It is indeed worth mentioning when multiple devs agree and it was indeed their intention when the race came out.

4 Likes

[Citation Needed]

Ion’s the only one who said anything about High Elves in the past years. The High Elf thread can easily tell you this. And again, Ion’s word is not gospel in the lore.

The closest we got to someone else mentioning High Elves was one of the devs saying they were considering light skin tone options for VOid Elves, like 2 years ago.

1 Like

So you mean I get to post one of my favorite sources on this topic :smiley: ? Here you go! Time stamped at a certain time for you too so you get the exact moment :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

They are referred to as high elves here. It’s their IP - if they want to suddenly call Tauren High Elves? It’s their IP.

3 Likes

Also…

'Blood Elves were chosen as the Horde expansion race in the Burning Crusade because designers were thrilled with how well Samwise had redesigned the classic wood elves with the night elves. And they knew that, “one day, high elves are going to have to get a facelift, too.

“I don’t think anyone has abused high elves to this degree,” Metzen said."

• Chris Metzen, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2005, 1:55.

https://www.lby3.com/2005/10/29/blizzcon-chris-sigaty-explores-the-lore-of-warcraft/

2 Likes