Blood elves are now High elves?

I like how this video has existed for 15+ years and people still ignore it, lol.

Although I do think they lightened up on the magic theme significantly.

3 Likes

they always were

3 Likes

“So…Blood Elves, High Elves and Void Elves…are all the SAME RACE?!”

“Always have been.”

2 Likes

The only reason I’m not mad about alliance getting void elves is that horde got night elves via highbourne, so I think it was a fair swap.

They definitely need to update nightbourne though.

1 Like

To be fair, it’s a pretty hard source to find since the old blizzcon video’s are rare and could only be found with the collectors edition of the oldie making of the expansion video’s.

3 Likes

Blood elves are only high elves when they’re blazing that felweed.

(More seriously: Maybe. I don’t know, and I’m not sure that I care all that much. We’re about to hit a point where players on both sides can customize their characters to look like high elves, so in a sense both Blood Elves and Void Elves can claim the name.)

1 Like

I can agree with this. Night elves best elves. Especially their mages or druids

1 Like

I think nelf mages undermines their lore, personally. The nelves ostrasized mages due to the sundering until cataclysm.

If they wanted to make nelf mages they should have made it a major societal conflict I feel. But everything in cataclysm just felt half-baked.

Blood Elf is just a title :stuck_out_tongue: They’ve always been biologically related to High Elves, just like Void Elves are.

2 Likes

no, lorash was a highborne who was born in tirisfal who hated malfurion for exiling them and his mother an original highborne died when the scourge attacked silvermoon there may be older highborne among the forces of the blood elves

I’ll admit I wasn’t around for Cata, but after years of serving with mages who weren’t abusing their powers, it seems like they’d be more open to accepting the mages when they found them NOT abusing their powers in Azsuna and wherever else.
Mostly I just like the female nelf casting animation.

Blood Elves are High Elves. 90% of their population died due to Arthas. As a tribute, Kael’thas renamed them the blood elves.

3 Likes

IMO any time you have a chance to introduce major change and conflict into the story, you should always go with the choice that introduces more conflict to interest people in the story.

If a good nelf mage character was at odds with tyrande and malfurian, I think it would have made for a better Nelf story.

Even so im still technically not wrong since his parents are now dead XD

Oh I’m not arguing against that. It would of been entertaining.
Just that the N.Elf mage being a class option in Cata made sense

I personally think every race should be every class, but I also think that introducing nelf mages without any conflict was a lot of wasted potential. The Azshara baggage is still there.

Species wise yes, politically and culturally no.

so many players get gaslighted by the spam on the forums. blood elves ARE our high elves. kael gathered the dalaran elves with lorthemar and the survivors of silvermoon and renamed the race to honor everything they lost. if blood elves joined the alliance the ‘high’ elf adjective wouldnt exist in any capacity. ‘high’ elves are just a political faction of blood elves but they are still miniscule in number and the ones that dont dwell in dalaran and openly support the alliance can be counted on one hand. very cringe thread title

3 Likes

Always has been.

1 Like

They were also High Elves, they just culturally named themselves Blood Elves, and shifted to a darker more brutal culture fitting of The Horde.

Now, sadly Blizzard threw that all away at the ending of TBC. Now Blood Elves are just Horde Humans. :woman_shrugging:t2: